Why become a member? ×

1968 Hofner Violin Bass

Sercet

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='503514' date='Jun 2 2009, 08:35 AM']Very enjoyable thread, and it seems a shame to spoil it by asking a serious question, but is that a 1-piece back?

The photos are very clear but I can't make out a join down the centre. If it's a 1-piece back then it's most unusual to see that with 'Blade' pickups; as far as I remember (without digging through my reference books) the 1-piece back was used briefly in the late 50's and then again for 1964 only.[/quote]
What a strange question. not confectionary related whatsoever.

Oh, and if anyone is interested I have a for sale. I am looking for about £650 or swap for a Star Bar and a Terrys Chocolate Orange. Untapped and wrapped.
I can deliver anywhere in the Milky Way.

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='503514' date='Jun 2 2009, 08:35 AM']Very enjoyable thread, and it seems a shame to spoil it by asking a serious question, but is that a 1-piece back?

The photos are very clear but I can't make out a join down the centre. If it's a 1-piece back then it's most unusual to see that with 'Blade' pickups; as far as I remember (without digging through my reference books) the 1-piece back was used briefly in the late 50's and then again for 1964 only.[/quote]

??

What a random question! Stay on topic!

('topic'... *pffff*)

I've just taken a look, it's a two piece back. Each piece is about the size of one square of Cadbury's Dairy Mil.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Do we have a price for this bass?

(on the other subject, I have a prototype chocolate frog in..........wait for it..................................................................

..................................................Blonde!!!! - but I'm not selling)