Why become a member? ×

Conklin Sidewinder Session III 7 string FS

Finbar

Hi all,

Bought this around 6 months ago off the forum, and can\'t really afford to keep it around. I have other things I need more than this bass! I do already have another one after all :)

Basically, the original sale thread describes this far better than I could, so I\'ll link to it. Hope you don\'t mind Guy!

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=31985&hl=conklin"]HERE[/url]

I\'ve barely touched it since buying to be honest, so that advert should be considered up to date. Looking to cover what I paid for it, which is [s]£1200[/s] £1100.

I\'m in Sheffield, and would prefer collection, but I will try to be as flexible as possible. Just be aware it costs money to put a bass in the post :lol:

Any questions, feel free to ask :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Chris

EDIT:

Cash only - No trades. I\'m not interested in other basses.

Edited by Finbar

Haven't put it on the scales, but at a guess I'd say it comes in around 12lbs?

I've been playing heavy basses long enough for it to not bother me though. You just man up and get used to it :) Has a comfy leather strap too.

Edit: Scales say 12 and a quarter ;p

Edited by Finbar

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Finbar' post='508394' date='Jun 8 2009, 06:02 PM']Haven't put it on the scales, but at a guess I'd say it comes in around 12lbs?

I've been playing heavy basses long enough for it to not bother me though. You just man up and get used to it :) Has a comfy leather strap too.

Edit: Scales say 12 and a quarter ;p[/quote]

+1

Nice bass though...DAMN I'd love a 7-string...Tune it like my 6 but add a low-F# mmmm yeah!

A big bump for Finbar and this awesome bass. (I'm really sorry to see it back on here Finbar!)

People seem to get hung up on the 7 strings, but this is a really playable bass with a neck profile like butter.

Finbar is a great guy to deal with and this bass is superb. I'd have it back if I hadn't blown everything he gave me for it on more gear!

Good luck.

Ta Guy,

I'll back that up - sales patter aside, 7 strings really aren't hard to play! And this one is no exception :) Sounds the part too.

I just need to move this on to fund something else I really have my eye on, as this has never been my main bass since I've had it.

Gotta admit, Chris is a really sound guy to deal with, I bought his Marshall Rig off him and he is well trusted.

Wish I had that kinda cash to buy it myself. id love to try a 7

Best of luck with the sale mate. I know you take real care with your basses, ive seen you at gigs making sure they stay away from anyone who might bump them.

Peace.

[quote name='Finbar' post='496857' date='May 24 2009, 09:38 PM']Hi all,

Bought this around 6 months ago off the forum, and can\'t really afford to keep it around. I have other things I need more than this bass! I do already have another one after all :)

Basically, the original sale thread describes this far better than I could, so I\'ll link to it. Hope you don\'t mind Guy!

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=31985&hl=conklin"]HERE[/url]

I\'ve barely touched it since buying to be honest, so that advert should be considered up to date. Looking to cover what I paid for it, which is [s]£1200[/s] £1100.

I\'m in Sheffield, and would prefer collection, but I will try to be as flexible as possible. Just be aware it costs money to put a bass in the post :lol:

Any questions, feel free to ask :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Chris

EDIT:

Cash only - No trades. I\'m not interested in other basses.[/quote]

Hey finbar,

I'm really interested in taking you up on this. The only thing is the price. Without sounding cheap, and i do apologize if it does, I could only probably conjure up a £900 to £1000 max at the moment. Being that i'm a music student this is a good offer on my side : ) I'm studying at leeds so i'd be more than happy to pick it up if all goes well.

just a couple of queries though please, I sold my overwater 6er because of dodgy weight around the neck and I was wondering if you've had the same problems? Just be brutally honest please!

Another thing would be the set up and changing the strings. Is there anything that stands out thats different about setting this bad boy up from other basses? i've had a 6er that had two truss rods so thats ok ( i actually prefer them! )

sorry if this is a waste of time

thanks for listening

Dan