Why become a member? ×

Crap songs with great basslines

beardybass

[quote name='beardybass' post='495880' date='May 23 2009, 10:52 AM']My first vote goes for, 'cutie honey' by Kumi Koda, the song's right cack, but the video is worth a watch... only in a 'hot Japanese girl waving her bits around' kind of way, but still.

Oh yeah, great bassline too innit.[/quote]

call me al and 50 ways to leave your lover by paul simon are both crap songs with good basslines , I still cringe every time I hear the lyrics to 50 ways to leave your lover

[quote name='Geddys nose' post='496169' date='May 23 2009, 05:40 PM']'Too Shy' by Kajagoogoo is pretty bad then and now.[/quote]

The band I play in are doing our utmost to avoid supporting them when they come to Wolverhampton. I promise to be strong.

Edited by Mr Fudge

[quote name='neilb' post='496197' date='May 23 2009, 06:04 PM']Simple...

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhspN42Izv8&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhspN42Izv8...feature=related[/url][/quote]

Game, set and match. Im just off to spray paint my docs :)

[quote name='Randy_Marsh' post='496955' date='May 24 2009, 11:57 PM']that christmas song by the waitresses has a nice bassline if i remember rightly[/quote]

Yeah but it's not a crap song ..... IMHO

Edited by OldGit

'Men In Black', Will Smith. Sampled (i.e. utterly stolen) from 'Forget Me Nots', which is infinitely the better tune.

Also, Gary Numan's 'We Take Mystery (To Bed)'. The song is very average, but Pino's bass is gusset-dampeningly fabulous.

[quote name='Rich' post='497995' date='May 26 2009, 02:09 PM']...The song is very average, but Pino's bass is gusset-dampeningly fabulous.[/quote]
Same goes for much of Paul Young's [i]No Parlez[/i] album. Especially "Sex". What a terrible way to end an album, but what a lovely bass riff.

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='498002' date='May 26 2009, 03:21 PM']Same goes for much of Paul Young's [i]No Parlez[/i] album. Especially "Sex". What a terrible way to end an album, but what a lovely bass riff.[/quote]

The album version of "Sex" never turned me on but I used to have a live tape of it: Superb Pino Bass!

...Micro-Kid - Level 42 - great line, awful song! Same can be said about `Tracie'!! Thinking about it, `Running in The Family' was pretty naff but a nice line!

I thought David Paton (ex Pilot) played bass on Nikita...?

I've been listening to `No Parlez' alot recently, one of my fave albums - the slap tone on Sex is awesome! Ku Ku Kurama - another naffish song but the bassline is stonking! Can't really believe that that album is now 26 years old!