Why become a member? ×

EBay….. a waiting game

So having purchased a bass yesterday afternoon via the bay, I messaged the seller to make arrangements to collect the bass later in the week.

So far there’s no response. I’m of a mind where if someone has paid you for an item, you should drop them a message to say thanks and to acknowledge the transaction.

How long would you leave it before getting worried? It’s been almost 24hrs at the time of writing, and there’s nothing on their page to say they’re away or anything.

I’ve bought hundreds of items on eBay over the 24hrs I’ve been on it, and I’ve never been blanked before, certainly not on a bass purchase.

Totally annoying when sellers go silent...had it many times.

I'll mark sellers down in the feedback and make comment. 

I always thank sellers for good correspondence and regular updates. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rayman said:

So having purchased a bass yesterday afternoon via the bay, I messaged the seller to make arrangements to collect the bass later in the week.

So far there’s no response. I’m of a mind where if someone has paid you for an item, you should drop them a message to say thanks and to acknowledge the transaction.

How long would you leave it before getting worried? It’s been almost 24hrs at the time of writing, and there’s nothing on their page to say they’re away or anything.

I’ve bought hundreds of items on eBay over the 24hrs I’ve been on it, and I’ve never been blanked before, certainly not on a bass purchase.

What payment method did you use?

I’ve been scammed. He sold the exact same bass in February. Same photo, identical.

I’ve asked eBay for a refund. No idea how long that takes.

• Sad 5

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Rayman said:

I’ve bought hundreds of items on eBay over the 24hrs I’ve been on it...

Thats some bay-binge!

Sometimes i take a risk... Credit Card / PayPal Protection... more than often comes out OK... sometimes ya just have to wait out - Bax/Thomman Refund anyone? - but you know its coming back eventually.

But peoples selling that don't reply in a timely manner... mmm

Thiefs though, B'stards...

The misery, stress and upset in the wake of such remote faceless bastardos can be overwhelming. 

Post a link to forewarn others...

Edited by PaulThePlug
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Sorry to hear this ..

Regarding PayPal / eBay  when I purchase something  PayPal ask if I want to use credit or debit card to complete the purchase.

It may be an idea to contact your card company / bank also to explain what happened . ( I'm not sure if that's allowed though , as you've already contacted PayPal ).

when looking at the seller , I always check their feedback . 

Paypal  and eBay have been very good in the couple of times I've needed their assistance , and 🤞that continues if needed.

Hopefully , all will be well and you get refunded . 

Edited by RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Rayman said:

I’ve been scammed. He sold the exact same bass in February. Same photo, identical.

I’ve asked eBay for a refund. No idea how long that takes.

Might be that it sold but buyer never paid? Happens a lot on eBay 🤞

16 minutes ago, Beedster said:

Might be that it sold but buyer never paid? Happens a lot on eBay 🤞

Agreed, it does happen, but that doesn't explain the lack of communication from the seller.

Mark

I thought that was a possibility, but no, it is indeed a fake account.

PayPal have stepped in and are investigating, so I’m not overly concerned about the money at this point. I’m confident it’ll be resolved.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PaulThePlug said:

Thats some bay-binge!

🤦🏻‍♂️ that would be something wouldn’t it! 

Predictive text is a pain in the butt

• 2 weeks later...

Full refund from PayPal received today. 

Unbelievably the seller messaged me and said he couldn't contact me before, because he (or she) had lost their phone while on holiday.  Yes, of course. 

I left them scathing feedback and blocked them.

Bought a nice Ibanez instead. 

Result. 

• Like 11