Why become a member? ×

NPD: Helix LT

tauzero

I thought I'd replace my Stomp with a full fat Helix. Thought I'd got a good deal on a Floor but it got cancelled (I missed his messages which was to say that the funds wouldn't be released until after he'd gone on a tour that he was selling the Floor to buy an amp for, otherwise I'd have bought it by another means) so concluded that I didn't need the four send/returns or the scribble strips so an LT would do. So it arrived, and the first impression was that it was very big. Second impression too. It does mean I no longer need my six-button MIDI controller or external power supply though.

I tried restoring my saved patches from the Stomp, and much to my delight that worked. So now I'm going to do some more experimenting and try an organ synth in a send/return loop.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, javi_bassist said:

I'm always thinking about replacing my Stomp with the LT. The only thing that holds me back is the size of the LT.

I've got the Helix Floor which is slightly bigger than the LT. I don't think the size is a problem as it's essentially a self-contained pedal board, plus I have made the decision that if it can't be done with the Helix then live I don't need to do it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, javi_bassist said:

I'm always thinking about replacing my Stomp with the LT. The only thing that holds me back is the size of the LT.

It replaces my large pedalboard (HX Stomp, homebrew MIDI controller, expression pedal, power supply, wireless) so it's the same footprint. I'll still be wireless but using Lekato bugs so no need for a board-mounted receiver.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I know that the LT would be complete and utter overkill for what I need, but I still want one! Though it's been overtaken by a desire for a Stomp XL. Overkill again, but... :D 

Enjoy!

Edited by Skybone

On 22/05/2024 at 13:06, tauzero said:

It replaces my large pedalboard (HX Stomp, homebrew MIDI controller, expression pedal, power supply, wireless) so it's the same footprint. I'll still be wireless but using Lekato bugs so no need for a board-mounted receiver.

I know that it is not that big. The guitarist in my band has one. However, when I compare my pedalboard with her Helix LT, it is much bigger. But I know I will het one eventually.