Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

automated fade out pedal

Posted (edited)

Hi all.

I'm looking for something to do as I've put up top.

I run a lot of intros from a pedalboard, and one in particular needs to be faded out. The problem often happens as I forget to return the volume pedal to fully open afterwards, and end up missing the first couple of moments of the next intro.

Aside from the Coopersonic Fader pedal (super hard to find!) and the Darth Fader (which is a bit overkill for what I need), Does anyone know of anything that might help me with this?

Cheers

Edited by dudewheresmybass

On 10/05/2024 at 16:22, dudewheresmybass said:

I run a lot of intros from a pedalboard, and one in particular needs to be faded out. The problem often happens as I forget to return the volume pedal to fully open afterwards, and end up missing the first couple of moments of the next intro.

Aside from the Coopersonic Fader pedal (super hard to find!) and the Darth Fader (which is a bit overkill for what I need), Does anyone know of anything that might help me with this?

Add a switch to the volume control pedal, activated when your heel is completely down, that switches on an illuminated sign saying "PUT THE VOLUME BACK UP!".

• Haha 3

On 10/05/2024 at 16:22, dudewheresmybass said:

Hi all.

I'm looking for something to do as I've put up top.

Cheers

is this a stupid idea, but could you do it mechanically? .... 

could you use a volume pedal and a spring (or easier a piano pedal) - push down to fade out, stop sample, remove foot and it goes to full volume?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, dudewheresmybass said:

The idea had crossed my mind, but I was hoping there’s something already out there before I start inventing 😉😂

Keyboard sustain pedal as expression pedal into some kind of multi effects ?