Why become a member? ×

Is agathis really that bad?

markdavid

Eleven-year-old zombie thread resurrection! :)

FWIW and IME body wood makes very little (if any) difference to the overall 'tone' of a bass guitar. Pickups, pickup placement, electronics and strings make a huge difference, however. The biggest difference is down to the player. Yes! It's all in the fingers. In My Humble Opinion. YMMV, etc etc... *unfollows thread and hides*

• Like 3

1 hour ago, discreet said:

Eleven-year-old zombie thread resurrection! :)

FWIW and IME body wood makes very little (if any) difference to the overall 'tone' of a bass guitar. Pickups, pickup placement, electronics and strings make a huge difference, however. The biggest difference is down to the player. Yes! It's all in the fingers. In My Humble Opinion. YMMV, etc etc... *unfollows thread and hides*

Youre right mate. I currently have three basses, all different, and I don't know what the wood is in them, and I don't care.

Come to think of it I don't know the spec of what pickups or electronics are in them either - they all sound good, and they all enable me to play like i want to play, and because I use the same fingers for all of them, they all sound like me anyway!

I've had two ash-bodied basses, one of which sounded good, and which which I didn't like much, so I can't blame the wood either way.