Why become a member? ×

what a nice pair

artisan

after much swapping & trading i think i'm finally happy -- er well for now.
i've only the two basses now & really love both of them althought one is far better than the other one.
here's a group pic'

first up my 2006 MIA Fender Jazz with the S1 swapped for nice stacked knob jobbies & the stock pickups swapped for a pair of Dimazzio ultra jazz's (thanks to Chrisdabass & Clarky respectivley)
i bought this new in 2006 & then sold it on here & after a couple of owners i bought it back off Clarky & i'm mighty pleased i did.

nice bass indeedy,in fact the nicest modern Fender jazz i've ever played.

next up my Lurvley Bacchus "62" jazz bass

i just traded this from another B'C'er (thanks eubassix) & have to say this is the very best jazz bass i've ever played-infact i'd go as far as to say it is the very best bass i've ever played period.
i'd not heard of Bacchus before but this is built better than any Fender i've ever owned/seen & i've had some nice ones,it absolutley knocks the spots of my Fender in both playabillity & sound--it is AWESOME,must buy some more someday.
cheers.

Edited by artisan

thanks for the comments guys,much appreciated.

i have to say the Bacchus far outshines the Fender in all aspects & it's handbuilt too,i really can't express how good this bass is.
if you get the chance to try on you'll really want one too.

[quote name='Greene-Mann' post='490301' date='May 17 2009, 01:40 AM']I would love to put my nose in between 'em and go motorboating...would probably break my shnoz but it would be damn worth it![/quote]

i'll have one of what ever your drinking mate :)

Do stacked pots actually change the sound of the bass much? I always liked the look of them...

Oh, and are the maple necks on US Jazzes laquered these days? That one looks unlaquered, which is the one thing that annoys me slightly about my Sadowsky.

Edited by Brother Jones

[quote name='Brother Jones' post='491793' date='May 18 2009, 08:04 PM']Do stacked pots actually change the sound of the bass much? I always liked the look of them...

Oh, and are the maple necks on US Jazzes laquered these days? That one looks unlaquered, which is the one thing that annoys me slightly about my Sadowsky.[/quote]

:) those stacked pots do look cool i agree,the only difference is a seperate volume & tone for each pup,it only makes a subtle difference really.
the neck on mine as finnished in a satin/matt finnish.

btw it's not a patch on the Bacchus.

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='artisan' post='489979' date='May 16 2009, 05:43 PM']...it absolutley knocks the spots of my Fender in both playabillity & sound--it is AWESOME,must buy some more someday.[/quote]

I might be able to help you achieve that objective :)

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=51207&st=0&p=508346&#entry508346"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...mp;#entry508346[/url]

Edited by OldGit