Why become a member? ×

FT/FS CIJ Jaco fretless/USA PUPs/gig bag/tags etc

Beedster

Lovely fretless Jazz, pretty much as new. Great tone, playability and aesthetics. Traded recently as an experiment with lined fretless (I play unlined but often struggle with intonation live) but decided I'm going to persevere with unlined, hence my letting this go. TBH I'd like to keep it but I think three fretlesses is overkill (some will no doubt disagree) :)

It's in 9.9/10 condition hence the price (they go for close to £700 new I believe). Trades certainly considered, I'm looking for the following:

EUB, as close to full length as possible (cash from you or me depending on bass)

Markbass Traveller 1x15 cab new shape (would need a bit of cash my way)

Markbass 1x10 or 1x12 combo

Maple board fretless Precision neck (bit of cash my way depending on the neck)

Maple board fretless Precision Bass (quite a bit of cash your way depending on the bass)

Or anything you think I might just go for..... :rolleyes:

Cheers

Chris

[attachment=25280:Jaco_Jazz.jpg][attachment=25281:Jaco_Jazz_1.jpg][attachment=25282:Jaco_Jazz_2.jpg]
[attachment=25283:Jaco_Jazz_23.jpg][attachment=25284:Jaco_Jazz_4.jpg]

Edited by Beedster

[quote name='deaver' post='489310' date='May 15 2009, 08:41 PM']Oh dear not another Beedster tempter...you heading over to Fareham again anytime soon?[/quote]

Hi mate, it can be arranged :)

[quote name='Delberthot' post='489320' date='May 15 2009, 08:58 PM']Didn't you have a maple fretless precision before?

I'd have had your arm off for it if I had been able to afford it at the time[/quote]

I would give my arm for it now....

[quote name='Beedster' post='489342' date='May 15 2009, 09:46 PM']Hi mate, it can be arranged :)[/quote]

Buy two the third ones free?

I'll send something sensible when no longer under the influence of cheap red wine. Deaver Junior would love me to have this bass.

I'll do this for £350 i.e., *FRETLESS BARGAIN OF THE CENTURY* but only if collected from my place in Canterbury this weekend, otherwise it's back as above. Looks like the long-awaited and often fallen through house purchase is finally a goer so we're in the process of packing things up and I want to take as little as possible into the new place. I'm afraid time constraints with the move and rehearsals mean I can't really offer several cups of tea and 2 hour play of the bass, but at this price, who cares eh :)

Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='489620' date='May 16 2009, 10:43 AM']I'll do this for £350 i.e., *FRETLESS BARGAIN OF THE CENTURY* but only if collected from my place in Canterbury this weekend, otherwise it's back as above. Looks like the long-awaited and often fallen through house purchase is finally a goer so we're in the process of packing things up and I want to take as little as possible into the new place. I'm afraid time constraints with the move and rehearsals mean I can't really offer several cups of tea and 2 hour play of the bass, but at this price, who cares eh :)

Chris[/quote]
Good grief Chris, thats a bargain. I would be heading over to Canterbury if it weren't for the dread "family commitments" this weekend. Someone must buy this beauty

[quote name='Clarky' post='489628' date='May 16 2009, 10:51 AM']Good grief Chris, thats a bargain. I would be heading over to Canterbury if it weren't for the dread "family commitments" this weekend. Someone must buy this beauty[/quote]

You can bring the family Clarky :)

Can't see fretless in the Punk outfit though....?

[quote name='aj5string' post='489632' date='May 16 2009, 10:56 AM']Argh - if only you'd post! Id def have it![/quote]

Sorry mate, Torbay isn't local either is it :)

Clock's ticking folks, you won't see another in this condition at this price for years, if ever :rolleyes:

[quote name='Beedster' post='489715' date='May 16 2009, 12:20 PM']Can't see fretless in the Punk outfit though....?[/quote]
Barry Adamson in Magazine?

WOuld have been a bedroom bass but alas not to be

Looks like Deaver is on his way anyway :)

[quote name='Clarky' post='489737' date='May 16 2009, 12:39 PM']Looks like Deaver is on his way anyway :)[/quote]

Timetable and reality check shows that I'm going to have to stay in the South West this weekend. Our guitarists mother-in-law lives out that way - can't see that plan working out somehow

Lucky buyer can also have about 20-30 old Bassist, Bass Guitar etc magazines :)

And probably some other bass stuff that seems to be emerging in substantial quantities from the nooks and crannies at Beedster Towers

[quote name='Beedster' post='489870' date='May 16 2009, 03:35 PM']Lucky buyer can also have about 20-30 old Bassist, Bass Guitar etc magazines :)

And probably some other bass stuff that seems to be emerging in substantial quantities from the nooks and crannies at Beedster Towers[/quote]

I'll have it please.

Phil

[quote name='Beedster' post='489870' date='May 16 2009, 03:35 PM']Lucky buyer can also have about 20-30 old Bassist, Bass Guitar etc magazines :)

And probably some other bass stuff that seems to be emerging in substantial quantities from the nooks and crannies at Beedster Towers[/quote]

If you unearth that bit of gold straplock ...

[quote name='pete.young' post='489976' date='May 16 2009, 05:39 PM']If you unearth that bit of gold straplock ...[/quote]

I'd completely forgotten, I might well have it Pete, I'll let you know if it comes out of the woodwork :)