Why become a member? ×

Jet Basses.

bubinga5

Has anyone heard of these basses?. I hadnt until recently. They have caught my eye and have a massive following with their guitars.. im looking for a budget Jazz bass and between a CV Squire and these the Jet caught my attention. Having to sell all my basses and gear and my mahoosive mortgage, bills etc, im looking to start again.

They have a poplar body roasted maple neck. Bone nut, etc. The guy that designed them is from Lithuania i believe and they are made in China. Im leaning toward the Sunburst. Does anyone own one/ played one.? 

JET-JJ-300-GD-R-01-1024x682.jpg

JJB-300-SB-01-1024x682.jpg

• Like 1

I don't have any experience with the basses unfortunately. The guitarist in my band has a Jet strat that he loves. He doesn't use in our band, because it isn't very metal so I haven't seen it, but there does seem to be a universal love for them. If they put the same attention into their basses as their guitars, they should be decent.

I also saw this review a while ago, seem to remember he was a big fan.

• Like 1

On 22/02/2024 at 10:55, bubinga5 said:

They have a poplar body roasted maple neck. Bone nut, etc. The guy that designed them is from Lithuania i believe and they are made in China. Im leaning toward the Sunburst. Does anyone own one/ played one.?

What - Leo Fender was from Lithuania? :o

Fwiw they do look nice & if the Shoreline Gold had a maple neck I'd be getting twitchy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They look really good! I know they had a very glowing review on Bass The World recently. They don't do a 5 currently unfortunately, otherwise I'd be seriously considering one! I know you've had a V7 before, but the Sire V5 would be a very strong contender in this price band too.

45 minutes ago, TRBboy said:

They look really good! I know they had a very glowing review on Bass The World recently. They don't do a 5 currently unfortunately, otherwise I'd be seriously considering one! I know you've had a V7 before, but the Sire V5 would be a very strong contender in this price band too.

Yeah I think they are just getting going on the Bass front Oli so yeah a 5 would be cool... Ive owned 5 Sires now in between the higher end stuff and they are killer. the last one was a 1st gen V7 5 and the pickups sounded so good I only played it passive.  But good lord it was heavy. Natural Ash Maple..

When we sell our house this year and are mortgage free and after a really tough 2/3 years, no man nor woman will have witnessed on Basschat the GAS and basses im going to acquire..  😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

• 1 month later...
On 22/02/2024 at 10:55, bubinga5 said:

Has anyone heard of these basses?. I hadnt until recently. They have caught my eye and have a massive following with their guitars.. im looking for a budget Jazz bass and between a CV Squire and these the Jet caught my attention. Having to sell all my basses and gear and my mahoosive mortgage, bills etc, im looking to start again.

JET-JJ-300-GD-R-01-1024x682.jpg

JJB-300-SB-01-1024x682.jpg

I have the Gold one.