Why become a member? ×

Hi from Southampton

SimonK

Hi all,

Decided to join this forum as have been a long time member over on talkbass, but then after some struggles moving on second hand gear as most of their members are US based, someone asked why I'm not on the UK forum!

Current setup: Stingray Fretted/Fretless or Acoustic guitar into:

(NB top row for guitar, bottom row bass, switching between chorus, envelope & octave depending on mood (but seldom use any of them!):

PedalboardDec23copy.jpg.0113b98236d62ef4b03e5a953fa2f9a5.jpg

and then into:

IMG_20231205_162449407_HDR(1)copy.jpg.7831d35bd89c1e44331228f2327164c4.jpg

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Richard R said:

Welcome aboard!

What does an an acoustic guitar sound like through that rig?

Thanks!

I've always thought acoustic guitar works well through most bass gear, certainly better than it does through electric guitar pedals etc. Most of the time, however, my acoustic guitar is going to FOH through the DI box, and occasionally I use the bass amp to monitor, but only if it is there already due to me playing bass on other songs.

Also, despite posting the picture of "a" pedal board above, my rig changes like the wind and last night I used the below in a little three-piece acoustic get together (playing guitar & even a bit of Cajon at one point). I switched the bass chorus pedal into this board to replace a Boss CH-1 as I prefer the mxr's sound, and also like the way you can control which frequencies it adds the chorus effect to:

IMG_20240217_142651857_HDRcopy.jpg.8dac01a9f1de7407935e48e0f7e23af3.jpg

2 hours ago, lidl e said:

Welcome 

I see a vein-tap utility pedal. I like that guy.

Reveals my insecurity about playing fretless - allows me to keep tuners on permanently just to reassure myself from time to time, but can still mute as needed!

• Like 1