Why become a member? ×

NBD - 2004.Yamaha TRB 5p ii - Bubinga

nilorius

23 minutes ago, Paulhauser said:

I think these are some of the best production basses ever. I had a sixer a few years back and it was wonderful albeit the nech was quite substantial for me, both in width and thickness so I sold it in the end, much to my regret. 

Congratulations @nilorius!

Anyway, i feel much confortable with this 5 neck than with my Fender Jaco 4 string neck, but it's always different for anyone on earth.

For a short try, i found that piezzo pickup could give a great intonation especially when playing together with acoustic instruments and brass, not needed for all the time but very usefull at special moments. Anyway i havent tried the instrument with my Aguilar tonehammer and sl112, just on headphones from amp ballanced out to focusrite scarlet. Anyway - impressive. 

• Like 1

Great score! I loved the TRB5II's I owned, they felt incredibly solid and well-built. They were the regular bolt-on neck model without piezo's, but still a very flexible and versatile workhorse. 

• Like 1