Why become a member? Ɨ

NBD Reverend Decision P

DDR

Hello

Ā 

It has come to my attention that NBs need Declaring so here it goes šŸ™ƒ

Ā 

Iā€™ve been considering getting a Reverend Decision P for a while, I tried to find one to try it first but couldnā€™t make it work, I researched youtube and the internet in general for info but there wasnā€™t so much and then last week, i jumped. Itā€™s not the right thing to do (buying without trying) but I must say this time it worked out for me.

Ā 

My midnight blackĀ Reverend Decision P arrived today and Iā€™ve been playing it all day. Love the thing. The way it feels, the sounds you can get out of it, the weight and yes also the way it looks.Ā 

Ā 

I will probably change the strings to flatwounds but in the meantime hereā€™s a little vid and a photo for happiness

Ā 

Hope everyone is well

Ā 

DDR

20240119_171421.jpg

Edited by DDR
  • Like 23

oooooo that is a handsome looking bass, love the rail magnets for the pickups, and overall look of this thing.Ā 

Ā 

great tones on the video also, sounds nice and punchy, you bent the HELL outta that G at the end hahaĀ 

Ā 

thanks for sharingĀ šŸ¤˜

• Like 1

Another cool Reverend bass...retro looks put in a different league than so many typical FSO basses.

(I'm replacing the DR strings on my Thundergun with GHS black tapewounds, had them on a Thundergun years ago...perfect match.)

Ā 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jd56hawk said:

Another cool Reverend bass...retro looks put in a different league than so many typical FSO basses.

(I'm replacing the DR strings on my Thundergun with GHS black tapewounds, had them on a Thundergun years ago...perfect match.)

Ā 

What DRs were you using? I was thinking Legend flats for this

• Like 1

Looks amazing, always liked the reverend designs. Like, classic and vintage styled, but still very distinct, and not just another p/j copy or whatever.

Ā 

How heavy is it? For some reason, they look substantial. Never actually tried one, but in my head they're heavy. Lol.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Vin Venal said:

Looks amazing, always liked the reverend designs. Like, classic and vintage styled, but still very distinct, and not just another p/j copy or whatever.

Ā 

How heavy is it? For some reason, they look substantial. Never actually tried one, but in my head they're heavy. Lol.

The weight was one of my important box tickers, it's light enough for my lower back issues. Lighter than my fender Mexican precision... I haven't got scales but I read 3.4 kg somewhereĀ 

• Like 2

Agree on the gold hardware.

Ā 

Mercahnt City Music have this on pre order, but for Ā£999, as opposed to Ā£879 for the usual Decision P. Ā Ā£120 extra for a gold pick guard! Ā Unless there are some other 'upgrades' to it that I haven't noticed.

Ā 

Edit: Sweetwiter are selling this new Decision P at the same price as the other Decision Ps. Ā It looks like whoever does Merchant City Music's website has got the entry for this bass mixed up with a guitar costing Ā£999.

Edited by BillyBass

you know I was checking this and I think the Reverend basses have simply gone up. In Europe they are priced at 1300 euros. When I was buying mine I was notified the prices would be going up soon.

Ā 

I was disappointed with the colour selection, i was annoyed the only rosewood fretboard one was that purple model with the white pickguard but now that I own the midnight black I am really really happy. Itā€™s a real beauty

Ā 

Ā 

24 minutes ago, DDR said:

you know I was checking this and I think the Reverend basses have simply gone up. In Europe they are priced at 1300 euros. When I was buying mine I was notified the prices would be going up soon.

Ā 

I was disappointed with the colour selection, i was annoyed the only rosewood fretboard one was that purple model with the white pickguard but now that I own the midnight black I am really really happy. Itā€™s a real beauty

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Decision P is still Ā£879 at Merchant City in Glasgow.Ā  The listing for the new Decision P finish (black with gold pickguard) at Ā£999 is a mistake I think, as the description makes no sense.