Why become a member? ×

New Bass EB-3

vbance

5 minutes ago, MoonBassAlpha said:

@JohnDaBass quick question about the slot head eb3, do the frets have binding nibs? I  got photos of a friends one and trying to guess if it's been refretted. Cheers!

Mine has binding, but I am not sure if other years of manufacture do.

https://www.flyguitars.com/gibson/bass/1971gibsonEB3.php

Edited by JohnDaBass

2 minutes ago, MoonBassAlpha said:

This one does too, just not sure if the frets la over the binding or should have the plastic nibs left at the fret ends

The binding on mine is continuous, you cannot see the fret ends.

8 minutes ago, Grahambythesea said:

I always thought they were surprisingly heavy for what appears to be a relatively small body & a short neck. How’s yours?

I think this era are quite light. I have a 74 SG special that is very light,  the body is a bit thinner than usual,  I think.

I  suspect these are the same. 

33 minutes ago, Grahambythesea said:

I always thought they were surprisingly heavy for what appears to be a relatively small body & a short neck. How’s yours?

on some dodgy bathroom scales 4.4kg so yeah its got some weight for the size, can't say I'd noticed but I usually play a Yam BB2000.

3 minutes ago, vbance said:

Does anyone know if I can gat a new case for my eb3...I see on the Gibson site there is one but are the latest eb3's the same fit, or the Epiphone one?

Depends on the year. Sixties EB3s had a short headstock, whilst later seventies had long headstock. I'd measure the total length of the bass and drop Gibson an e-mail to see what they think. Good luck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul S said:

Pretty sure the Epiphone case will fit the EB-3L, so any of the shorties should be fine.  Somewhere online there will be internal dimensions.

The Epiphone EB0 and EB3 are different scale lengths. Does a single case fit both?

6 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

The Epiphone EB0 and EB3 are different scale lengths. Does a single case fit both?

I've gone for the Epiphone EB-3 Case and my EB-3 is short scale, so I'm hoping It'll be fine....I'll find out in a few days....fingers crossed.

3 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

AFAIAA the case fits the EB-3L - ie the long scale EB-3 - as well as the EB-0 and the short scale EB-3 (and presumably the SG).  There is a little vacant space at the head end of the case when used for the shorties but the body size and shape are, I believe, pretty much the same.

40 minutes ago, vbance said:

I've gone for the Epiphone EB-3 Case and my EB-3 is short scale, so I'm hoping It'll be fine....I'll find out in a few days....fingers crossed.

I hope it fits the Epiphone version of the EB3 is a long scale bass.

5 hours ago, BigRedX said:

I hope it fits the Epiphone version of the EB3 is a long scale bass.

5 hours ago, vbance said:

On 09/01/2024 at 12:45, BigRedX said:

The gamble paid off....Just to confirm the Epiphone EB-3 Long Scale case is a great fit for my '73 short scale.

c3.thumb.JPG.b32aef66f2680632c2a0bd9d7bc378c0.JPG

c2.JPG

c1.JPG

• Like 9