Why become a member? ×

FS/FT Enfield Fusion fretless 4-string **£1000** - *SOLD*
£1399
Whitstable

Beedster

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit 19th Feb

Far too many outstanding instruments sitting unsold on this site at present, and with work to do on my studio and a double bass to restore I could use the money tied up in this bass far more effectively at present (it's been pretty much unplayed for 6-months).

So, I'm going to offer it for £1000, no trades no PX, ideally collected or handed over in person assuming you're not in Aberdeen (although I'm still happy to post), and on the understanding that if money I'm owed and have been waiting on for a few months comes in I will put the price back up again  :) 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm looking to sell, PX or trade my last remaining electric bass, a beautiful Enfield Fusion Jazz built by Sims Custom Shop in the UK. Pics below are from original Bass Direct listing

image.png.fd24f1eddfa32c5fa644468284b855a3.png

image.png.537db460b24e87998338147d69623539.png

image.png.1357b9d2896b52df1140d21158af194b.png

image.png.442d78fc8afcd8b6721e5d57504cbde1.png

image.png.c4c211b8a94cfe443c1cf71cb82e0c17.png

image.png.e5a3d535575ce7ef40555bf2d30cfaad.png

i bough this from Bass Direct for £1399 in Oct 2022. Build in terms of design, materials, engineering, and finish are of the absolute highest quality, comfortably at FCS Masterbuild level (anyone who has had a bass refinished by Sims Custom Shop will know just how amazing Martin's finishes are). It has the Sims Super Quad PUPs and Sims neck LEDs. I'll let Martin and colleagues describe/explain the PUPs and circuitry in the videos below, but suffice to say that if you like me, have ever owned a fretless Precision and just occasionally wished that you could tease a slightly more Jaco, Pino, Danko, or Kumalo tone from it, you're gonna like the Fusion!

Trade/PX-wise I'll look at pretty much anything EXCEPT an electric bass! Of specific interest would be

• Double bass (not EUB)
  • Acoustic fretless bass
  • Gibson 6-string acoustic guitar
  • US/Canada-built Mandolin
  • Good quality audio/hifi 

Some details from people who can explain them far better than I can 👍

I'd prefer collection/meet-up but courier is an option. I'm heading up towards Norfolk first week of Jan and might be heading up North in 2-3 weeks also. 

Feel free to ask questions in the thread

Chris   

Edited by Beedster
  • Like 13

Blimey, never thought you’d sell this one Chris, especially it being your only electric!  😳

Absolutely stunning -  having owned a fretted Enfield Fusion I know that they just do any tone you could want and do it in a way that’s very intuitive, and have absolutely top notch build quality.   Some really lovely birdseye figuring on that neck, too 👍

Still, I think one can add one more certainty to the Three Certainties of Life (death, taxes, and nurses) - Beedster will always acquire another Fender type electric bass...... 😉

• Haha 2

I've admired this bass for a long time - an absolutely staggering work of art.  I recently bought a fretless so have no need and no money.  However, I can still dream - beautiful (and for me, OTL LEDs on a fretless are a very useful addition)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I forgot to mention above that the bass is currently equipped with a Badass II and a John East J-Retro, each replacing the original BBOT and passive Jazz circuit in the photos above respectively. I'm happy to put these components into the mix (along with the original components) depending on the deal. Re the component changes, my sense with this bass was that the Jazz and Precision options work really very well with the passive circuit but that the active circuit really brings the 'Ray PUPs to life. Badass as ever is a matter of taste as much as technology 👍

image.thumb.png.34fae873263595854dd6dfe9f73ba0d7.png

• Like 3

I aimed to drop this off for commission sale in London on Thursday, but having navigated several counties on an old-skool BC gear mission I was ultimately defeated by Storm Henk and some interesting sat-nav decisions.

In short, it’s still available 👍

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Happy to entertain cash offers on this folks, I've got a rehearsal room to finish and a double bass to restore, and the cash tied up in this bass could be far better used on those projects right now.

This really is an absolutely outstanding instrument in every possible respect, hand on heart the build quality is equal to Fender Masterbuilt, but with the addition or technology in terms of PUPSs and circuits that go way beyond anything Fender have ever offered. I know at some point in the future I'll regret selling it but I'm putting every second I have to play music into upright now. 

Catch me while I'm feeling generous :)  

I've had an offer for the neck of this (Enfield necks are pretty special and this is not only built from pretty special woods - lovely birds-eye maple and dark ebony board - with a very light nitro finish, but it also has the Sims LEDs built in.

If anyone is interested in just the body which is standard Fender fit (which means that for those of you for who fretless is a no-go a nice fretted neck would give you a rather special instrument), please give me a shout.  

• Beedster changed the title to FS/FT Enfield Fusion fretless 4-string BODY & NECK FOR SALE INDIVIDUALLY

Thought I'd post a quick reminder of trade options, happy to talk cash terms also of course :)

On 29/12/2023 at 18:50, Beedster said:

Trade/PX-wise I'll look at pretty much anything EXCEPT an electric bass! Of specific interest would be

• Double bass (not EUB)
  • Acoustic fretless bass
  • Gibson 6-string acoustic guitar
  • US/Canada-built Mandolin
  • Good quality audio/hifi 

Re splitting the bass

Neck & tuners with built-in Sims LEDS on the note/(fret). £500 ovno

Body, Sims Quad PUPs/electronics, passive tone circuit & all hardware £900 ovno  

Note that the neck LEDs require 9v battery power supply from the body, there's no power in the neck itself 👍

Neck & body are standard Fender/Warmoth/Allparts/Might Mite fit BTW. I've used Fender, Status, and Warmoth on the body, each time bringing something new out of it 👍  

• Beedster changed the title to FS/FT Enfield Fusion fretless 4-string

I've put a rather nice Squier Classic Vibe Precision fretted neck on this and it's rather nice. It's a 40mm nut so somewhere between traditional Jazz and traditional Precision/Stingray territory, and a perfect fit in the pocket (as good a fit as was the Sims/Enfield neck). 

I'm happy to sell the bass with both necks or with a significant price drop with only the fretted neck (£1050 seems about right)

FD3F8019-6EDB-476B-9919-4F798246E056_1_102_o.thumb.jpeg.f689ec574ddfe9afcf030d69d56a0d8f.jpeg

01EF70BA-C074-4F67-8D26-493105CAE4EA_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.1ecd8289e1cb4934a7b96b1315ee1381.jpeg

6709E9AC-3768-4138-876E-B0159CF6C73A_1_102_o.thumb.jpeg.4f3404c7bcdff215a3104ba861acf2e5.jpeg   

5562F45C-1B01-46C5-8031-EA3C86EDC248_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.708e1b7b2daf4c4d2497904cde3ed624.jpeg

BE483193-A9E6-410F-BA3A-E05059344F96_1_102_o.thumb.jpeg.71c63beb492f54544e17b01a14e44b63.jpeg

Far too many outstanding instruments sitting unsold on this site at present, and with work to do on my studio and a double bass to restore I could use the money tied up in this bass far more effectively at present (it's been pretty much unplayed for 6-months).

So, I'm going to offer it for £1000, no trades no PX, ideally collected or handed over in person assuming you're not in Aberdeen (although I'm still happy to post), and on the understanding that if money I'm owed and have been waiting on for a few months comes in I will put the price back up again :) 

• Beedster changed the title to FS/FT Enfield Fusion fretless 4-string **£1000**
1 hour ago, Oldman said:

Chris would take BEAD Stringing?

Hi Brian, I see no reason why not, I’m not sure how well the existing nut would accommodate but can check, and I’ve a couple of 5-string sets around the place I could try if the nut does permit 👍