Why become a member? ×

Gear4 Music

WishIcouldplay

I was visiting my sister earlier this year and went there with my son, with the express intention of trying a couple of basses and buying him some drum hardware.

As has already been mentioned, the “in stock” basses were in the warehouse, not the store, so it screwed that part of the plan.

We then went to the screens to order the drum hardware (it feels like Argos in that respect!) and they couldn’t find the very item I had loaded on my phone clearly stating in stock. It couldn’t even find the page for it. Daft.

Thankfully they have people who are good at pretending you’re not there unless you make a point of interrupting them after waiting 5 minutes for acknowledgement of existence and we ended up getting what we had gone there to get.

So…. Mixed bag as a shop. Probably more set up to be an online resource?

Edited by Merton
Smelling pistakes
  • Like 1

I was thinking it could be a cool venue for a BC bash. It’s closed on Sundays so maybe we could ask to use it. I work with the people who invested in it in the early days and could probably get through to the owner. Could be pretty cool

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, WishIcouldplay said:

Interestingly Thomann have the same product. Asked for pictures and they arrived in minutes. 

I doubt the pictures of the custom shop basses are if the actual one that have, they look more like stock pics from Fender

18 hours ago, WishIcouldplay said:

What this tells me is that they don’t check the good prior to delivery. 

I think you're wrong here. It was damaged during shipping. They cant be expected to unpack everything and check it, then put it back imto the box.

• Like 2

My wife, a music teacher, bought 2 times from them and both times she got a faulty PA, and a broken instrument at arrival + problems with returning the items. I bought from them drum sticks + other bass related stuff (no bodies or necks) and had no problem at all. I guess it is random. We live in Ireland. Hope this helps.

On 29/12/2023 at 13:46, WishIcouldplay said:

Has anyone here purchase bass equipment from Gear4Music?

Yes. Both personally, and on behalf of the band.

Their customer service is, in my experience, first class. On the occasions we've had issues and had to do returns etc it's been painless and refunds swift.

Edited by Bassfinger
Flatulence inducd typo