Why become a member? ×

Stand for multiple basses - Q

Risk101

Has anyone got one of those stands for holding multiple basses?

id like to know how much they raise the bass off the floor - I’ve got an area with limited headroom - a bass standing vertical doesn’t quite fit, but with the slant angle I think it might work?

This sort of thing? If you have one, what is the vertical height (floor to top of headstock) ?? - for a typical 34/35” scale bass.

https://www.gak.co.uk/en/warwick-rockbag-7-multiple-guitar-rack-stand-f-p-rs20882/7364?gclsrc=aw.ds&gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhevc_NC0gwMVBuN3Ch2-rwXnEAQYBCABEgLQufD_BwE

Any help appreciated to save ordering and returning!!

22 minutes ago, Risk101 said:

….and what make of stand please Paul?

Dunno got SH...

But looks like this with the two thumb wheel screws each end https://amzn.eu/d/afuw30X

You will need another couple of inches when slotting in (stop it...) and the extra length (i said stop it...) of bass neck means the stand has to be further from the wall.

Spacers on the shelf wall battens sounds like a plan.

• Haha 1

So Sandberg TM4 is pretty close to 44 inches long.

Angled in the rack, it’s 41.5 inches high.  But that’s quite an angle so the whole thing is sticking out from the wall by about 28 inches.

Also, looking at your photo, you’re not going to fit a 7 rack in that space unless you’re shifting the piano too.  My 7 rack is 44 inches wide.

• Thanks 1

I’ve got a 3 bay Rockstand by Warwick. I added some additional padding (pipe insulation) to the bottom rungs as I didn’t think the supplied padding was sufficient. That results in the heel of the basses being about 3” above the floor. Overall height to tip of headstock for a Jazz 5 is 47”, EBMM Sterling 45.5”. 

• Thanks 1

On 29/12/2023 at 12:24, Risk101 said:

Has anyone got one of those stands for holding multiple basses?

id like to know how much they raise the bass off the floor - I’ve got an area with limited headroom - a bass standing vertical doesn’t quite fit

Slot the existing shelf (pad the slots?) - just stand a similar shelf & side supports on top of existing shelf

Edited by sandy_r
  • Thanks 1

I think you’re going to have to bite the bullet and raise the shelf if you want to use that space for basses in a rack. Even if you find something that will do the job with mm to spare, I wouldn’t want my headstocks that close to the bottom of the shelf as I know what a klutz I am lifting basses out.

I have one of these. Slightly over your max with various 34” scale basses in it. Great stand.

IMG_4070.thumb.jpeg.42c962af4dc56d36187958c3b2ac282a.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Yes Hiram I think you are right! However this evening Mrs S has decreed that the keyboard looks better across the alcove!!

So back to square 1 for bringing my modest collection together!

Thanks everyone for your input!!

Edited by Risk101
Spell