Why become a member? ×

Help with a G&L bass please - It was actually a Lakland sorry peeps :-(

ead

Hi folks

I have a recollection of seeing a G&L bass that I think was a semi hollow, but definitely not an ASAT, in the Bass Gallery maybe a couple of years ago.  Fairly sure it was black but I can find no record of it despite spending the best part of an hour on google using as many imaginative search terms as I could think of.

Am I just a confused old person or did such a bass exist?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by ead

11 minutes ago, ead said:

Thanks for that, but I'm not sure it's that bass though.  I think the p/ups were slimmer and with covered poll pieces.

Covered pole pieces?  Not many G&L basses with those - they tend to wear their MFDs with adjustable pole pieces proudly, or they're regular P and J looking pickups a la JB/LB-100.  The only G&L bass that springs to mind which had covered pole pieces is the L-5500, because it used EMG pickups, but it's a 5 string only and definitely not (semi) hollow.

Neck graft onto something else, maybe?  Crazy custom mod job?  From what you're saying, I can't fit anything stock G&L, USA or Tribute into what you're describing.  If it was G&L Custom Shop (so in theory could be anything) then I doubt it would have fit the "price was not too silly" criteria - unless it was a case of no-one knew what they had!

Edited by neepheid
  • Like 1

• ead changed the title to Help with a G&L bass please - It was actually a Lakland sorry peeps :-(
4 hours ago, jonno1981 said:

That’s a new body shape to new from that brand. I like it! The lakland bridge makes it their own. 

Lakland have had the HB30 body shape for around 10 years now, they were just sunburst and introduced the black colour around 3 or 4 years ago.

I’d love to gig one!

Si

• Like 1