Why become a member? ×

Will this adpater do the job ??

fleabag

I need a 2 female mono jack in to single mono male jack out adapter, for 2 basses into one amp input and this looked like a candidate, but their  info / blurb is  somewhat confusing.  It simply looks like a dual mono female jack to a single mono male jack to me, but  read what they say...   not cheap either for just an adapter

This 1/4 TS male to 2 female splits the instrument's mono output into two identical signals. Note: This 1/4 TS Y splitter adapter cable receives the stereo signal and divides it 1 into 2, converting it into two separate stereo outputs, it cannot combine the two outputs into one input.

splitter.thumb.jpg.4f5bd3df5f2c402872a7b472b9adf70b.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/XMSJSIY-6-35mm-TS-Gold-Plated-Cable-50cm/dp/B0BWLXSTZ9/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1ADHRXOWEMFR7&keywords=1%2F4"+Male+to+Dual+Mono+1%2F4"+Female+Adapter&qid=1703168894&s=electronics&sprefix=1%2F4+male+to+dual+mono+1%2F4+female+adapter+%2Celectronics%2C130&sr=1-3

47 minutes ago, fleabag said:

This is the alternative but these type look flimsy and vulnerable

I'd go with them over the other type, mainly due to the female sockets dangling loose; one snag and you'll be unplugged.

If you're worried they might break, buy spares. Only 97p each from Kenable 👍

https://www.kenable.co.uk/en/audio-/audio-connectors/audio-adapters/3272-635mm-mono-jack-plug-to-twin-635mm-mono-jack-socket-splitter-adapter-003272-5055383432721.html

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, kodiakblair said:

I'd go with them over the other type, mainly due to the female sockets dangling loose; one snag and you'll be unplugged.

If you're worried they might break, buy spares. Only 97p each from Kenable 👍

https://www.kenable.co.uk/en/audio-/audio-connectors/audio-adapters/3272-635mm-mono-jack-plug-to-twin-635mm-mono-jack-socket-splitter-adapter-003272-5055383432721.html

I looked at those Kenable types on Amazon and a couple of people said they had connectiopn issues but you never know if they themselves bu$$ered it up.

So maybe it's the answer

25 minutes ago, ped said:

I'd go for an A/B box on the floor so you only have one cable running to the amp?

I should have said i run into a tiny pedal board first, which is just a Wah and a Chorus.  There would still only be the single output cable to the amp

Funny you mention A/B boxes as i have 2  ( for some odd reason ) of the Behringer  AB100's  but its another damn pedal to take and another power supply.

I dont need a power bank because i only have 2 pedals, so i'd have to buy another 9v mains for it, and there's no room on the board for another pedal.

Tricky sitch, really.  I'm preferring the first one TBH,  as long as it's  2 mono in and 1 mono out, but their description doesnt read that way.  I find the description very odd

22 minutes ago, fleabag said:

I should have said i run into a tiny pedal board first, which is just a Wah and a Chorus.  There would still only be the single output cable to the amp

Funny you mention A/B boxes as i have 2  ( for some odd reason ) of the Behringer  AB100's  but its another damn pedal to take and another power supply.

I dont need a power bank because i only have 2 pedals, so i'd have to buy another 9v mains for it, and there's no room on the board for another pedal.

Tricky sitch, really.  I'm preferring the first one TBH,  as long as it's  2 mono in and 1 mono out, but their description doesnt read that way.  I find the description very odd

Ah I see, yeah makes sense. Some AB pedals don’t need power except for a light so there’s that. 

With eBay items like that, often the description is right but the picture is wrong, or vice versa. Maybe someone here could make you a decent one, perhaps with locking jacks?

• Like 1

Passive A/B box negates the need for yet another PS, but its yet another box , so hmmm... i'm weighing it up.

The Ebay item is actually on Amazon, but i hear what you say.  I cant tell whether they messed up the description  ( it's a  Chinese  adaptor )  or not.  Even if not, the descripton is still odd.

As i mentioned, it simply looks like 2 mono in 1 mono out, yet they mention stereo but i see nothing that makes that jack / adaptor  stereo.  Surely mono in is mono out ?

If you don't mind waiting for a few days, I can recommend this:

https://www.wish.com/product/58aed34a9c0dfe067bc0919a

It came from that purveyor of quality electronics; Wish, but it's robust and works well. It's an ABY box and works passively - the power only illuminates the LEDs. With postage and various discount codes, mine cost about £12.

Screenshot2023-12-22135605.png.ae17fa36412d522a9045810833f9b320.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rushbo said:

If you don't mind waiting for a few days, I can recommend this:

https://www.wish.com/product/58aed34a9c0dfe067bc0919a

It came from that purveyor of quality electronics; Wish, but it's robust and works well. It's an ABY box and works passively - the power only illuminates the LEDs. With postage and various discount codes, mine cost about £12.

Screenshot2023-12-22135605.png.ae17fa36412d522a9045810833f9b320.png

Would it work without the power to the LEDs ?   Again,  @Chienmortbb

9 minutes ago, rushbo said:

Yep - the LEDS won't work, but it'll do the job.

Not £12 anymore  -  nearly £18 with postage, but if it does the job !  And it will run on 9v batt, which saves buying a power supply and somewhere to plug it in.

Edited by fleabag

1 minute ago, fleabag said:

Not £12 anymore  -  nearly £18 with postage, but if it does the job !

The trick is to stick it in your shopping cart and wait - within a day you'll get a "have you forgot this? It's cheaper now" message. Also, if it's the first thing you've bought from them, you'll get some money off. You can try using "Honey" - it's one of those browser add-ons that search for discount codes. You could save a few quid.

• Like 1