Why become a member? ×

Aria Pro II SB600 - born 1980
£600
Emsworth

Petey

Aria Pro II SB600 - born 1980 (as per serial number)

This is another one of those 1980s basses I covered (think John Taylor - Duran Duran). I managed to get hold of this - a very good example with the case, a few years ago and lived out my 80s memories playing along to tunes at home, it has never been gigged in my time.

The bass plays and sounds as good as it looks. Typical sound of the day and very easy and smooth to play.Its aged very well and I've looked after it very well too in the 8 years I have been the custodian.Yet at 62 I need to lighten the load.

Comes complete with the original case, set of Rotosound roundwounds which are fitted, and the Allen key for neck adjustment should it need it.

POSTAGE - Obviously it would be better if you could travel to play, pay and drive off with it but I understand that this isn't always possible. If you cannot do this, then I am happy to pack very securely and freight Parcel Force 48, as they offer insurance at something of this size and weight. This would be at your expense.

To support the sale I have placed the photos up via my phone, but they don't seem to show on my Mac. I have also loaded a few videos of this bass onto my channel  Youtube - Peter S. You will find more detail there nut width, weight, over view of bass n case, tones of the instrument etc.

IMG20231204203047.jpg

IMG20231204203137.jpg

IMG20231204203141.jpg

IMG20231204203146.jpg

IMG20231204203152.jpg

IMG20231204203207.jpg

IMG20231204203212.jpg

IMG20231204203224.jpg

IMG20231204203106.jpg

IMG20231204203032.jpg

IMG20231204203010.jpg

IMG20231204203018.jpg

IMG20231204203612.jpg

Edited by Petey
dating
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, Petey said:

Interesting, as when I was in the Post Office yesterday ( Friday)the attendant showed me on his chart that they don't for 24 HR delivery but do for 48, hence my comment .

I'm sure that's incorrect unfortunately. When I sent a bass at my local Post Office I was informed that only basic inclusive compensation is available for any musical instrument (£150 for Parcelforce 24 & 48). This is confirmed on the Parcelforce website. I had to send the bass that day so took a chance and it was nerve wracking until I knew it had arrived safely. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Petey said:

Well I asked about that and you can pay to insure the item for more...but it is expensive...

Who would you suggest then?

I'm of no help there tbh. I won't post instruments that have much value anymore. This is due to not being able to insure them. I guess that's why many listings want the buyer to arrange the courier and shoulder the risk themselves. 

Speaking as someone who posts from northern Ireland, I've always just wrapped the bass in box really well, rocked up to post office and declared value to them. Most its ever cost me was 50 quid to get insured tracked delivery on a bass worth over a grand.

This is why it bugs me no end when someone tells me to organise courier lol (not referring to poster btw)

YOU'RE selling the bass YOU organise delivery. If I can send it in the back of NI then someone in UK can find their local post office.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

Merry Xmas 😆 

Edited by horrorshowbass
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, horrorshowbass said:

Speaking as someone who posts from northern Ireland, I've always just wrapped the bass in box really well, rocked up to post office and declared value to them. Most its ever cost me was 50 quid to get insured tracked delivery on a bass worth over a grand.

This is why it bugs me no end when someone tells me to organise courier lol (not referring to poster btw)

YOU'RE selling the bass YOU organise delivery. If I can send it in the back of NI then someone in UK can find their local post office.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

Merry Xmas 😆 

I do agree with you but the point I'm trying to make is that Parcelforce do not offer insurance for musical instruments of any significant value.

These are screenshots from Parcelforce website and I am told the same at my local Post Office. 

£150 is the maximum you'll get paid out.

Screenshot_20231221_130707_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20231221_125857_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JWes said:

I do agree with you but the point I'm trying to make is that Parcelforce do not offer insurance for musical instruments of any significant value.

These are screenshots from Parcelforce website and I am told the same at my local Post Office. 

£150 is the maximum you'll get paid out.

Screenshot_20231221_130707_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20231221_125857_Samsung Internet.jpg

Ah ok. Was not aware of this.

That seems a bit crap of them alright :(

2 hours ago, horrorshowbass said:

Ah ok. Was not aware of this.

That seems a bit crap of them alright :(

I have used Parcelforce for the last 10 years and in that time I have sent well over 50 Guitars with no problem at all, I do of course pack them well inside the case and then box but have on occasions sent with no case but firmly wrapped in bubble wrap, and Parceforce dont compensate for musical instruments and only offer £150 compensation as pe JWes but you do have to take several photos of the bass and packaging.

• Like 2

Only this week I sold an 1980s Ibanez to a lovely chap in Wolverhampton. I sent it in its case and very, very well wrapped - Parcel Force 24. Got there within the time, so much FRAGILE tape round it , and it arrived without a scratch.

Can anyone recommend a better carrier who I could book with confidence in the future???

• Like 2

Ditto above, sent and received basses this year, wrapped inside and out but always state the value pay the money no problems so far, you would think the post office staff would point out the small print when you say "Its a bass and worth £1500" etc. 

• Like 1

BTW I'm probably wrong, but isn't that  a SR600 ?

I thought everything up from that was neck through ?

I'll have to get new glasses.

I read that as SR800

Mucho apologies

Merry Christmas

Edited by 2pods
  • Like 1

See above

I knew it was an SB, (as Ive had a few, Aria SBs not drinks :biggrin:) but for some reason typed SR (probably my Ibanez fixation), but definitely convinced myself it was 800 :facepalm:

Maybe its my brain and not my eyes.

Anyway, I've used Securus, but haven't had to make a claim, and their prices are reasonable

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Petey said:

Hi Old Horse Murphy,

The weight, but width etc are in the second video I did if this to help support the sale. They are both on YouTube at my account Pete S

Thanks. I must be going crazy and/or deaf as I couldn't find anything that mentioned the weight at all on the vids. I watched them twice too but (according to my wife) I'm not the most observant of people. 

8 minutes ago, Petey said:

It's PART 2 and says in brackets  (nut width, weight and case) - I've just checked again and it's there....must have put it up a few weeks ago 👍

I watched the video and couldn't see any mention of weight. I'm clearly losing the plot and not a fan of treasure hunts 😂

GLWTS