Why become a member? ×

*ON HOLD PENDING TRADE* SKC Bogart Sport 5 - *SOLD*
£1395
Market Drayton

dub_junkie

Now on hold pending trade

SKC Bogart Sport 5 string custom built by Stephan Hess in Obernburg am Main in Germany. Bought from lowregisterhead on this forum a few months ago. 

Blackstone body -  various composites wrapped round a spruce core and finished in Alpine White with carbon fibre neck and phenolic composite fingerboard. 
The pickups are USA Bartolinis and the preamp is a Mike Pope Flexcore with 4 band EQ. There is also a switch for coil tapping  the bridge humbucker.

Scale length is 35"

string spacing at bridge is 19mm

weight is 3.6 kgs
Amazing bass with super playability, fantastic tone and killer looks. Comes with hard case. 
Bass is in excellent condition with no cosmetic, mechanical, electronic or structural issues. 
Bass is in Market Drayton, North Shropshire.

Would trade for a StingRay 5 in similar condition with maple fretboard. Trans teal or trans red would be my ideal choices but colour not a deal breaker. 

20230804_141557.jpg

20230804_141551.jpg

20230804_141615.jpg

20230804_141623.jpg

20230804_141649.jpg

20230804_141655.jpg

20230804_141734.jpg

20230804_151643.jpg

20230805_005227.jpg

Edited by dub_junkie
Sold
  • Like 7

I vowed I'd never have another Bogart again , after the hassles I had with the one I had built ; but I always liked this one that Alex had.

Almost tempted to get another , now I've seen this up for sale again .

There's a link of him doing a demo of this bass on YouTube , but it won't allow me to copy and paste onto here . 

• Like 1

On 03/12/2023 at 13:06, dub_junkie said:

Edit: reason for sale is rather mundane - I'm using a pair of Metro Express 5s with my band and right now I'm not really feeling the need for anything else. To that end I'm likely going to list my 2005 LE Stingray 5 next. 

BC is now totally conflicted. On the one hand, "well done on achieving a state of UnGAS". On the other hand, "eh?".

• Haha 1

On 07/12/2023 at 12:27, WAYNESWORLD said:

Got a new toy coming, if it arrives early I will do. Sure the Guy will that beautiful Bogart.

He I didn't. Very nice but although the neck is comfortable, and it sounds really good, I didn't really get on with the neck profile.

22 hours ago, Owen said:

BC is now totally conflicted. On the one hand, "well done on achieving a state of UnGAS". On the other hand, "eh?".

I know. 'Tis a strange set of affairs.

39 minutes ago, tauzero said:

He I didn't. Very nice but although the neck is comfortable, and it sounds really good, I didn't really get on with the neck profile.

Shame was not the one for you Mike but has to be right or whats the point? Nevertheless was good talking bass for an hour. 🙂

Re the profile I should say it's quite a chunky neck. Not uncomfortably so and it's not a U shape either but a deeper shouldered fuller C shape if that makes any sense. 

Keir

28 minutes ago, dub_junkie said:

20231208_152314.thumb.jpg.5995a9a55f1d97edcdd092939a3bbc00.jpg

Headpieces don't always reflect neck profile but in this case it very much does. It's not excessively deep but rather full round the sides (Warwick did similar necks after their baseball bat period).

• dub_junkie changed the title to *SOLD* TRADED AWAY* SKC Bogart Sport 5