Why become a member? ×

Gotta love these people…

Nothingman

Big shout out to the independent retailers supporting our passion. 

After a long search looking for knobs for my jazz bass, I finally found some that fit via James’ Home Of Tone. 

Great selection of stuff, good quality, decent prices, better looking jazz bass. 

IMG_1571.jpeg

IMG_1585.jpeg

• Like 15

3 hours ago, Nothingman said:

After a long search looking for knobs for my jazz bass, I finally found some that fit via James’ Home Of Tone. 

Great selection of stuff, good quality, decent prices, better looking jazz bass. 

IMG_1571.jpeg

IMG_1585.jpeg

I think my Jazz bass would be improved in a similar fashion, thanks.

• Like 1

Apologies if this thread is just for lauding James' Home of Tone, but I would like to give a shout out to an indie merchant:

Strathvegas on etsy - custom engraved switch surrounds ("poker chips"), knob rings (fnar), truss rod covers etc.  He did my DO/DO NOT poker chip for my black and gold Les Paul and more recently he took a bespoke order from me (non-standard size and engraving) for a surround for a three way rotary and delivered it flawlessly, given a simple mockup done in Inkscape.  He's in Canada, so it can take a few weeks to come through, but when you get the final finishing touch to a bass you've been modding - worth the wait.

17_switchsurround1.thumb.jpg.37d3d001e0d5107606c11a967ef3603a.jpg18_switchsurround2.thumb.jpg.574d621dae97d287eb617944133390c8.jpg

• Like 2

On 18/11/2023 at 09:38, Nothingman said:

IMG_1571.jpeg

IMG_1585.jpeg

"And on the eighth day God created Stourbridge" 

From the gospel of The Wonderstuff 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 20/11/2023 at 02:46, neepheid said:

Apologies if this thread is just for lauding James' Home of Tone, but I would like to give a shout out to an indie merchant:

Strathvegas on etsy - custom engraved switch surrounds ("poker chips"), knob rings (fnar), truss rod covers etc.  He did my DO/DO NOT poker chip for my black and gold Les Paul and more recently he took a bespoke order from me (non-standard size and engraving) for a surround for a three way rotary and delivered it flawlessly, given a simple mockup done in Inkscape.  He's in Canada, so it can take a few weeks to come through, but when you get the final finishing touch to a bass you've been modding - worth the wait.

17_switchsurround1.thumb.jpg.37d3d001e0d5107606c11a967ef3603a.jpg18_switchsurround2.thumb.jpg.574d621dae97d287eb617944133390c8.jpg

Sorry but your poker chip, as elegant as it is, gives the f hole conniptions and makes the chip uncomfortable. You could move it along a little and the symmetry would make both very happy.

1 hour ago, Downunderwonder said:

Sorry but your poker chip, as elegant as it is, gives the f hole conniptions and makes the chip uncomfortable. You could move it along a little and the symmetry would make both very happy.

Sorry, but I'm going to do absolutely nothing about this :D

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1