Why become a member? ×

Replaceable thumb rests

peteb

I have never really got the 'floating thumb' technique down and have developed a perfectly serviceable technique based on anchoring my thumb on the pickup when playing fingerstyle. However, this causes a bit of a problem when playing my Stingray, as I would rather be playing a couple of centimetres or so nearer the neck.

I wonder if anyone knows where I can get a thumb rest that I can stick to the scratchplate using double sided sticky tape? I want it to be pretty discreet, no more than 2 cm long and 5mm high, and easily removable if required.

Any ideas?

46 minutes ago, neepheid said:

Zero Mod?  Attaches with already existing screws in the pickguard and/or pickup.

https://www.zero-mod.com/

Thanks for that, but I'm looking for something much smaller than any of their models, which I can place next to the pickup on a MM Stingray (with no screws). Also, all of those models would require you to have your thumb too far away from the E string (for me, at least). 

Edited by peteb
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Greg Edwards69 said:

Contact Tom at Thumbrocker and explain what you're after.

He was able to design a custom piece for my Squier 50s P from just a couple of photos (that's actually my bass on his website) and sent it over from the US to the UK for a very reasonable price (I believe the postage was only a few quid).

The Self-Adhering 'E-ThumbRocker' is exactly what I'm looking for. Many thanks. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...