Why become a member? ×

Wireless system - Lekato, Boss or something else?

ots

• 4 months later...

Sorry about the thread resurrection. Thought this the best place to get info. 
I’ve just joined a band playing bass, and although i still have my Xvive system i see now there are plenty of 5.8 systems out.
As I’ll be rehearsing at a rehearsal complex with loads of other bands close by i figure a new guitar system is going to cause less hassle. 
I’ve discounted the Nux for now, purely on price and that i dont know what will happen in the near future. Might get it down the line (or if the Lekato doesnt work out this weekend). 
I’ve looked at the Lekato systems on Amazon and see there is a WS50 and a WS90. To me it looks like the WS90 has less latency, but is there any other differences (other than it’s uglier). 

Cheers. It’s good be back with Bass GAS.  Keyboard GAS is crippling lol. 

13 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

Sorry about the thread resurrection. Thought this the best place to get info. 
I’ve just joined a band playing bass, and although i still have my Xvive system i see now there are plenty of 5.8 systems out.
As I’ll be rehearsing at a rehearsal complex with loads of other bands close by i figure a new guitar system is going to cause less hassle. 
I’ve discounted the Nux for now, purely on price and that i dont know what will happen in the near future. Might get it down the line (or if the Lekato doesnt work out this weekend). 
I’ve looked at the Lekato systems on Amazon and see there is a WS50 and a WS90. To me it looks like the WS90 has less latency, but is there any other differences (other than it’s uglier). 

Cheers. It’s good be back with Bass GAS.  Keyboard GAS is crippling lol. 

I've been using the WS50 since last year and have had no problems with it. No latency issue or dropout. I'm not very far from the receiver, it's on the floor plugged into my multifx.

It was less than 50 quid and I have done about 50 gigs with it now

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, police squad said:

I've been using the WS50 since last year and have had no problems with it. No latency issue or dropout. I'm not very far from the receiver, it's on the floor plugged into my multifx.

It was less than 50 quid and I have done about 50 gigs with it now

Cheers. I did purchase that first, it’s £42 at the moment, but then saw that the WS90 had a bit less latency. Just wondering what else is different. Got the 90 coming tomorrow but i know i wouldn’t notice the latency from either. 

i dont plan on using anything between the bass and amp (famous last words lol). At least not until i get settled. Picked the bass up for the first time last night since 2020. 

Edited by dave_bass5

2 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

Cheers. I did purchase that first, it’s £42 at the moment, but then saw that the WS90 had a bit less latency. Just wondering what else is different. Got the 90 coming tomorrow but i know i wouldn’t notice the latency from either. 

i dont plan on using anything between the bass and amp (famous last words lol). At least not until i get settled. Picked the bass up for the first time last night since 2020. 

the 90 has longer battery life, according to the blurb 5.6 ms latency as opposed to <6ms.

range is 30 meters compared with 100 meters of the 50. I havent even gone into the next room, so no idea on that

3 minutes ago, police squad said:

the 90 has longer battery life, according to the blurb 5.6 ms latency as opposed to <6ms.

range is 30 meters compared with 100 meters of the 50. I havent even gone into the next room, so no idea on that

Ah cool. I was just going by the spec on Amazon. It thought i read both were 8 hours. 
i too will be pretty much right next to an amp so its more to stop treading on cables rather than to go walkabout. 

EDIT. I can see now the WS50 is rated 5 hours. That would worry me slightly so I’ll stick with the 90. 

Edited by dave_bass5

2 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

Ah cool. I was just going by the spec on Amazon. It thought i read both were 8 hours. 
i too will be pretty much right next to an amp so its more to stop treading on cables rather than to go walkabout. 

EDIT. I can see now the WS50 is rated 5 hours. That would worry me slightly so I’ll stick with the 90. 

I do 2x1 hour sets with a 20-30 minute break and havent had any problems with it dying. I stick it on charge when I get home and it's ready to rock

I also only use it to stop treading on cables, as a duo we play in some tiny places, so IEM, guitar and mic are all wireless now

• Like 2

1 hour ago, police squad said:

I do 2x1 hour sets with a 20-30 minute break and havent had any problems with it dying. I stick it on charge when I get home and it's ready to rock

I also only use it to stop treading on cables, as a duo we play in some tiny places, so IEM, guitar and mic are all wireless now

I’m more concerned about 4 hour rehearsals rather than gigs at this stage. I always do charge things up before leaving the house, but i prefer to have a good bit of headroom if i can. 

I’ve worked hard to get my band to use things like IEM's, and still not quite there yet. Looks like with the new band I’ll have a much harder time convincing them, but i accept the challenge. Im hoping i can at least use my system somehow. Time will tell. 

Edited by dave_bass5

58 minutes ago, police squad said:

we all know IEM is a no brainer, bass guitar also sounds much nicer too.

Good luck with it, bass is great. Let us know how the ws90 performs

Cheers. Will do. They look ugly and cheap to me but as long as they work, thats really all that counts. 

I've used the WS90 for about 6 months now with zero drop outs or other issues, they're a bit bigger than I was expecting but perform brilliantly. That's alongside a guitarist's Xvive guitar wireless and three Xvive monitors (though they're all 2.4GHz), plus the router for our XAir and all the audience's devices.

Edited by AxelF
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, AxelF said:

I've used the WS90 for about 6 months now with zero drop outs or other issues, they're a bit bigger than I was expecting but perform brilliantly. That's alongside a guitarist's Xvive guitar wireless and three Xvive monitors (though they're all 2.4GHz), plus the router for our XAir and all the audience's devices.

Cool. Im sure my Xvive would be fine, but i like the idea of standing more chance of not having issues. 

9 hours ago, dave_bass5 said:

I use my WS-50 at an open mic night - plug it in and switch it on about 8:15pm and turn it off about 11pm. I've also used it for various gigs where it's switched on for 3 hours or so, and used to use it in rehearsals with one band where I'd use it for two 3-hour rehearsals on one charge. Looking at the Amazon specs, the WS-50 was released in 2019 and the WS-90 in 2022. Mind you, the WS-90 still has micro USB on it which is a slight annoyance with the WS-50, especially as the MS-1 IEM wireless is USB-C so they can obviously do it if they try. I suspect that the shorter range and the longer battery life are related. The WS-90 does have four switchable channels which would be useful if more than one band member was using them, and possibly would be useful if there was interference on one channel.

16 hours ago, tauzero said:

the WS-90 still has micro USB on it which is a slight annoyance with the WS-50, especially as the MS-1 IEM wireless is USB-C so they can obviously do it if they try.

I just went to plug my WS90 in and was surprised its USB-C, not micro USB. So i guess then could and did do it. 

I do like the ideal of switchable channels. That was what put me off their IEM system. I guess being in the 5.8 band its not so much an issue at the moment. 

Edited by dave_bass5

On 04/04/2024 at 15:24, police squad said:

Just looking at the specs again, and it seems both are rated at 100ft, at least according to LEKATO themselves. I think Amazon made a typo as they state 100 meters, which is a crazy distance. 

15 minutes ago, ped said:

What about the WS70? Has lower latency <3ms and looks pretty cool

I did consider that, and like the idea of having a battery indicator, but i felt it looked a bit big and would stand out more.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ped said:

None have the battery life if the Boss WL20 though 

I had the boss one, in fact i have both verisons, but for now i want to keep costs down as ive not yet even met the new band, i mighty end up not needing them.

I was always a bit disappointed that the Boss don’t have an on/off switch, and i much prefer the option of selecting another channel if i need to.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dave_bass5 said:

I just went to plug my WS90 in and was surprised its USB-C, not micro USB. So i guess then could and did do it. 

I do like the ideal of switchable channels. That was what put me off their IEM system. I guess being in the 5.8 band its not so much an issue at the moment. 

That's good news, I'd watched a Youtube review of it which showed it with a micro USB port so they must have changed it (saying that, Lekato's pictures of the WS-50 looks like it now has USB-C, so maybe they've updated both).

10 minutes ago, tauzero said:

That's good news, I'd watched a Youtube review of it which showed it with a micro USB port so they must have changed it (saying that, Lekato's pictures of the WS-50 looks like it now has USB-C, so maybe they've updated both).

It’s a very welcome addition. 
I’ve been using them all evening without a single issue. I like that i can keep the receiver plugged in to my mixer and just turn it off when I’ve finished. I had to pull the Boss out so it didn’t drain. 

On 07/11/2023 at 11:09, moley6knipe said:

My first wireless was Lekato WS-70, October 2022 - I returned it because there was a noticeable difference in sound when compared to using a cable. Seemed to work ok though, form factor was good/compact. And I know no-one cares about the bass sound, especially not within a full band setting, but even so...

I’m glad you said that - I bought one a few months ago but despite all the good reviews on Amazon I knew as soon as I plugged it in that it wasn’t any good.  The signal seemed highly compressed and the highs seemed to be missing - and “highs” are relative, as I play flats…

I’ve got the WL-20 now which is good, but I do find it drops out for a fraction of a second sometimes, which I assume is because it’s hopping to a different frequency.  This is just for home practice, and for gigs I’m still totally happy with the Smoothhound on my pedalboard.

Had an almost 5 hour session with the LEKATO today. No issues whatsoever, although im the only one in this band using wireless. I could hear other bands rehearsing though so im sure there were other devices in use nearby. To be fair i never had any issues with the Boss system either when i had them (had both versions, and the guitar version twice). Only playing passive basses though. 

On 06/04/2024 at 16:50, Gottastopbuyinggear said:

I’ve got the WL-20 now which is good, but I do find it drops out for a fraction of a second sometimes, which I assume is because it’s hopping to a different frequency.  This is just for home practice, and for gigs I’m still totally happy with the Smoothhound on my pedalboard.

My WL-20 has dropped out a couple of times - once when I pressed the Bluetooth button on our PA to pair with my phone and WL20 stopped working. That's sown doubt in my mind, so I've not used it at a gig.  :(