Why become a member? ×

Member Meet Today..

Guest NOODS

Hi All.. 

Met a fellow member today.. i played the part of a fumbling newbie and @pete.young was, the host, wealth of information, provider of great bass sound and perhaps most importantly, a new friend.. 

Showed me so much in such a short space of time not teaching as such but those oh so valuable little things like muting strings etc.. 

Even the Sun made an appearance which made the metal flake on my epi sparkle..

Due to issues i’ve previously mentioned i rarely meet up with new people but Pete and his welcome made me feel great today.. 

Yes we are keeping in touch so one day i can jam with him in a Taka way.. maybe? 

Looks like i need a new bass amp approx 100watt ish and new strings .. 

IMG_9965.thumb.jpeg.6dc83a061171d1f183e09728e9fcc18b.jpeg

Edited by NOODS
mistake

1 hour ago, NOODS said:

Looks like i need a new bass approx 100 amp ish and new strings ..

You met one bassist and already decided that you need all this new kit!?

Imagine what would happen if you attend a Bass Bash! Dozens of bassists, multiple permutations of kit, every type and gauge and age of string...

Nevertheless, and in spite of the extreme danger to your bank balance, I think that you should attend a Bass Bash. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bass_dinger said:

You met one bassist and already decided that you need all this new kit!?

Imagine what would happen if you attend a Bass Bash! Dozens of bassists, multiple permutations of kit, every type and gauge and age of string...

Nevertheless, and in spite of the extreme danger to your bank balance, I think that you should attend a Bass Bash. 

To be honest the first thing we did was for me to demonstrate what i didn’t like sound wise but, plugging in to Pete’s amp the issue had gone immediately… Hence Mrs N needs to get her card out… 

On 04/11/2023 at 14:32, NOODS said:

Roland xl120  …. Your thoughts ? 

There's a review of the predecessor, the CUBE-100 bass linked above.

I'd say it's a huge improvement on what you have now, the only reservation is that it's probably more than you need. They seem to go through the Bay occasionally for around the £120 mark second-hand so I wouldn't want to pay much more than that.

In my experience Roland gear is high-quality and good value for what it costs. I have an amp (not this one), a piano and an accordion and all have given years of service.

On 03/11/2023 at 18:26, neepheid said:

Heh, no, it's a friendly gathering of bassists, a show and tell, an opportunity to ogle and play lots of cool basses...

It’s a wee bit of a trek from Ipswich but the South East Bass Bash is happening on the other side of London this very Sunday, 12th November. Special guests - the inimitable Guy Pratt and session ace  Laurence Cottle.

12 hours ago, pete.young said:

There's a review of the predecessor, the CUBE-100 bass linked above.

I'd say it's a huge improvement on what you have now, the only reservation is that it's probably more than you need. They seem to go through the Bay occasionally for around the £120 mark second-hand so I wouldn't want to pay much more than that.

In my experience Roland gear is high-quality and good value for what it costs. I have an amp (not this one), a piano and an accordion and all have given years of service.

Thanks Pete….