Why become a member? ×

help pairing cabs with DB750

geoffbassist

hey guys, sorry for the boring post but i was hoping for some advice as ive been going round in circles trying to find the right cabs..

I play mostly jazz/soul/funk

I have recently got a db750 which i love. However with my schroder 21012 it was just too boomy...and i like an old school bass sound but it was really too much...However with my old solid sate head it was amazing...but the DB750 won out and i sold the schroeder

i was thinking of getting an aggie DB210..eventually 2... or 1 and a DBx12..do you guys find them clear enough with the 750? i could go for something really hi fi like the bergs, but they dont have aguilar on the front! Also they are really expensive...i dont usually do hifi cabs, in the past ive owned a Euphonic audio 210 that was too hi fi, but with the DB750 it might have been a great match..

cheers Geoff

[quote name='chris_b' post='481782' date='May 7 2009, 11:45 AM']Check out the NV610 for sale here on BC.[/quote]

yeh i spotted that! it looks amazing but its too big for the sort of gigs i do....i had a play on joes old one and it was amazing!

...just realised joe also has his new sadowsky! a trip over the penines might be in order!

[quote name='chris_b' post='481779' date='May 7 2009, 11:43 AM']Bergantino cabs all the way, according to those that have DB750's on Talkbass.[/quote]

hey chris

how do you get on with the 12 and 210 combination? sounds really flexible... did you get a chance to compare the AE and HS bergs?
cheers for your help Geoff :)

Edited by geoffbassist

[quote name='geoffbassist' post='481809' date='May 7 2009, 12:05 PM']....how do you get on with the 12 and 210 combination? sounds really flexible... did you get a chance to compare the AE and HS bergs?
cheers for your help Geoff....[/quote]
Hi Geoff, The AE112 and AE210 work [i]very[/i] well together. They have a fat, clear, punchy sound that has impressed all the bands I play with. I use the AE112 with an acoustic guitarist and both cabs with most of the other bands. I use my UL410, sometimes with the Boogie 115, with the very loud guys. I like the Bergantino's tight bass and punchy mids and would also get an AE410 if a used one came up.

I haven't heard the HS cabs but the reviews I've read put the AE and HS cabs very close together. I went for the modular AE cabs as my back is troubling me these days. I can't think of a downside to owning these cabs, though they are expensive.

If you can get to Warwick and hear the cabs at Mark's shop I'm sure you would walk away with one. I went to get the AE112 and left with the AE210 as well!

hey chris, thanks for your reply....im not far from bass direct so will try and get some funds in place and go and see for myself but im thinking more and more about the bergs being the best long term option...im also getting bored of lugging heavy gear about....
cheers geoff

Hi....

i've heard a 750 through a HS410 and it's awesome..... also heard it through a pair of HS210's same if not better !!

However, i'm now using SWR cabs (Goll III & SOB) and it's killer...... A really good match for the 750's grunt. Adding an EBS MultiComp to the equation just makes it perfect !

If you are on a pilgrimage across the Pennines, you could turn left (hoon it a fair few miles up the road :) ) and you could blast through my DB12s and I'd likely as not be able to persuade WoT to bring along his Berg 2x10s... maybe the above mentioned SWRs :rolleyes:

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='482662' date='May 8 2009, 07:19 AM']If you are on a pilgrimage across the Pennines, you could turn left (hoon it a fair few miles up the road :) ) and you could blast through my DB12s and I'd likely as not be able to persuade WoT to bring along his Berg 2x10s... maybe the above mentioned SWRs :rolleyes:[/quote]
Right on...

The DB through the HS210s or HS410 is a beautiful, beautiful sound...

I would have to say an ae410 wouldn't I :)

If you want it to sound a bit more old school, just turn the (fabulous) tweeter all the way down). I dig old school as much as anyone and this nails it for me.

Its earth shattering for its size, and IMO sounds every bit as good as an HS410, and weighs significantly less.