Why become a member? ×

Fender Meteora

Thump

I go on holiday a week on Monday...must...resist...

Only until I get back of course 🤷‍♂️

I don't want to trade my prs in, I'd get more if I sold it privately,  but no takers so far. The trade in looms large. Only problem is there are no meteoras near me or my usual vendors. I'd like to haggle this time. A free strap would satisfy me, I'm a cheap date

• Haha 1

Edinburgh is my closest guitarguitar , about a 30 minute drive from home. Merchant city do have Reverends though... i guess if i want to try before i buy i have to make the journey. Better not do it before the holiday , the Mrs would explode.

All great suggestions thanks , hadn't considered 2nd hand at all yet. Thinking this will be one to hand down to ungrateful kids later on. Its gonna be my big spend bass. Not a lot to some but for me and what i do / can do its more than enough. Should satisfy the GAS monster for a long time. At least a few months...

• Like 1

Looks great from the back, not so keen from the front... story of my life!

Scratch plate shape, expectation of P J type combinations?

Small body for the large headstock? Tele-head?

Usual soft colour pallet DB, SFG, SP

Black plate on the SilverBlack burst very 70s glam

Edited by PaulThePlug
  • Like 1

Get the vibe you're looking for something a bit different looks wise, which is cool! Big fan of the Reverend basses too! Seriously well put together instruments in relation to the price. Each bass is hand signed from the QC which is a nice touch versus other basses at the price.

Would definitely recommend a trip to Glasgow, you've also got Kenny's Music and Strung Out all in close proximity so you can score off a lot of options quite quickly versus GG in Edinburgh which is a bit out on its own.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, BassApprentice said:

Get the vibe you're looking for something a bit different looks wise, which is cool! Big fan of the Reverend basses too! Seriously well put together instruments in relation to the price. Each bass is hand signed from the QC which is a nice touch versus other basses at the price.

Would definitely recommend a trip to Glasgow, you've also got Kenny's Music and Strung Out all in close proximity so you can score off a lot of options quite quickly versus GG in Edinburgh which is a bit out on its own.

I have to agree.

Reverend Thundergun, one of the best-kept secrets in the bass world...passive, pure and potent!

Picsart_23-08-15_13-18-21-404.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, wateroftyne said:

The thought of having to use a bass with a Fender active circuit makes my teeth itch.

I've never experienced one myself , and i'm limited in experience of actives in general. Are the Fender ones terrible? 

I have an Ltd phoenix that takes a 9v battery yet the controls are vol/vol/tone 🤷‍♂️

@Thump Having visited both Guitarguitar and Merchant City Music I can assure you that between the two shops, there are a lot of basses in your price range.  I walked away with a Reverend but there are plenty of others to choose from.  I was quite taken by a sparkly blue Ray 34 in Guitarguitar but the Reverend Mercalli 4 in green would probably get my money if I was to go up again to buy something.

• Like 3

The more i look at the Reverend decision p in venetian pearl the more i think i may stick with passive. But then i click to a different window and i'm confronted with the meteora...

I wonder what merchant city are like on trade ins 🤔

• Like 1

On 30/09/2023 at 16:17, Thump said:

The more i look at the Reverend decision p in venetian pearl the more i think i may stick with passive. But then i click to a different window and i'm confronted with the meteora...

I wonder what merchant city are like on trade ins 🤔

Have you seen this in real life, up close?

Have you picked it up and plugged it in?

The pickups aren't typical pickups, they're power pickups, right up there with G&L MFD pickups. No need to go active with Reverend basses.

I'm betting you’ll forget all about the Meteora once you compare the two.

750-DeciVnPrl_angle.jpg

• Like 3

12 hours ago, jd56hawk said:

Have you seen this in real life, up close?

Have you picked it up and plugged it in? you’ll forget all about the Meteora once you compare the two.

750-DeciVnPrl_angle.jpg

Indeed I have not! Nobody near me has them in stock yet. I was planning on playing each (hopefully at the same time) before I finally make my mind up.

Although I'm flip flopping all the time on what I'd like next. Currently I'm back to a P bass, it's my favourite look and sound and the body shape is perfect for me. It lacks versatility though compared to the others and I'm starting to think I dont care. Schecter,Fender, G&L, the list is almost endless. I already have my modded and improved HB that I absolutely adore, why another P? It's just as well I have a holiday first, give me some time away to think things over. I'm not rushing into this for once.

• Like 1

@Thump If you are interested in the Reverends, call Merchant City Music and let them know.  

I called them up about the Venetian Pearl Decision P that they always seemed to have on order but not in the shop.  They told me that sometimes people register an interest for a certain model and they get first dibs when it comes in.  I did this with the Venetian Pearl Decision P, and when they got one in, they called me.  Conveniently, this happened a week before a planned trip up to Scotland, so I put a deposit down and went up a week later.  They said that if I hadn't liked it they would have refunded my deposit.  I loved it though and I'm very happy with my purchase.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BillyBass said:

@Thump If you are interested in the Reverends, call Merchant City Music and let them know.  

I called them up about the Venetian Pearl Decision P that they always seemed to have on order but not in the shop.  They told me that sometimes people register an interest for a certain model and they get first dibs when it comes in.  I did this with the Venetian Pearl Decision P, and when they got one in, they called me.  Conveniently, this happened a week before a planned trip up to Scotland, so I put a deposit down and went up a week later.  They said that if I hadn't liked it they would have refunded my deposit.  I loved it though and I'm very happy with my purchase.

Quality bass and killer looks!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...