Why become a member? ×

Wal MKI 1985 for sale - SOLD

wombatboter

Less than a year ago I had five Wal basses but I found that a bit too much...
I sold a couple of them and now I have a fretless and two fretted Wal basses.
This blue one I bought in December 2008 from Pete Collins and it is a great bass with a nice blue finish.
I don't play it as much as my shedua so it is a pity that it is not played enough though there's nothing wrong with it, I just like the looks of the shedua more.
I don't want to be a collector so I'm selling the blue one with a non original case.
Serial number 2623 which situates it around 1985, olive facings..
It is in excellent condition, sounds really great from a funky slap to a nice jaco tone or a deep sub-bass.
Looking for 2600 euros, it can be collected at my place (I live near Brussels so there's the Eurostar) or it can be send though I prefer a pick-up.
Always ready for more pictures or any questions. I'm sorry but I'm not really looking for trades either..
Thanks
Geert

[quote name='mgauction' post='481506' date='May 6 2009, 11:17 PM']Beautiful! Too bad I just came back from London with a Mach 11. Good luck with the sale on this marvelous bass![/quote]
+1

Glad to see you got back safely Mike!

Scottsdale..?

I went to a bar called Jetz or Jets there a few years ago. Beautiful waitresses on roller skates tending to my every need. Is it still there. I go to Phoenix every couple of years but didn't venture to Scottsdale last time.

[quote name='mgauction' post='481506' date='May 6 2009, 11:17 PM']Beautiful! Too bad I just came back from London with a Mach 11. Good luck with the sale on this marvelous bass![/quote]

Were you in the Bass Gallery last Saturday afternoon trying it out by any chance?

[quote name='wombatboter' post='481321' date='May 6 2009, 06:57 PM']Less than a year ago I had five Wal basses but I found that a bit too much...
I sold a couple of them and now I have a fretless and two fretted Wal basses.
This blue one I bought in December 2008 from Pete Collins and it is a great bass with a nice blue finish.
I don't play it as much as my shedua so it is a pity that it is not played enough though there's nothing wrong with it, I just like the looks of the shedua more.
I don't want to be a collector so I'm selling the blue one with a non original case.
Serial number 2623 which situates it around 1985, olive facings..
It is in excellent condition, sounds really great from a funky slap to a nice jaco tone or a deep sub-bass.
Looking for 2600 euros, it can be collected at my place (I live near Brussels so there's the Eurostar) or it can be send though I prefer a pick-up.
Always ready for more pictures or any questions. I'm sorry but I'm not really looking for trades either..
Thanks
Geert

[/quote]

What's that one on the right called? Is it also a MK1? It's identical to Rory Macdonald's Wal, and I've never known which exact model it was....

Anyway, sorry for the partial hijack, sweet looking bass, wish I could afford it!

[quote name='ednaplate' post='481584' date='May 6 2009, 10:48 PM']Scottsdale..?

I went to a bar called Jetz or Jets there a few years ago. Beautiful waitresses on roller skates tending to my every need. Is it still there. I go to Phoenix every couple of years but didn't venture to Scottsdale last time.[/quote]

I remember Jets. No longer there. Bars in that area change like water. Your memory is vivid - mant good looking girls there. Let me know when you travel to Scottsdale again!

[quote name='Mark Latimour' post='481617' date='May 7 2009, 12:49 AM']Were you in the Bass Gallery last Saturday afternoon trying it out by any chance?[/quote]

I was there with my friend, Nik - silverfoxnik on this forum! First time for me as I am from the States. Did we talk? I'm back now in Arizona. Had a wonderful stay.

That looks similar to the one my dad had made a few years ago, except his was Mk II and had an ebony fingerboard and matching headstock.

Absolutely beautiful bass mate, and if I could afford it I would buy it!!

Good luck with the sale.

[quote name='Mark Latimour' post='481617' date='May 7 2009, 08:49 AM']Were you in the Bass Gallery last Saturday afternoon trying it out by any chance?[/quote]Buy it. :)
Hope the cabs are still too cool for school.
Steve.
You need a Wal in your arsenal.

[quote name='mgauction' post='482026' date='May 7 2009, 02:33 PM']I was there with my friend, Nik - silverfoxnik on this forum! First time for me as I am from the States. Did we talk? I'm back now in Arizona. Had a wonderful stay.[/quote]

NO, but I did see two gentlemen (is that the correct term? :) ) trying out a Wal while I was in their checking out a Zon Sonus (the Zon's neck wasnt' for me). We didn't talk, but I remembered hearing a US accent and when I saw your location thought it must have been you!

[quote name='steve-soar' post='482593' date='May 7 2009, 11:43 PM']Buy it. :)
Hope the cabs are still too cool for school.
Steve.
You need a Wal in your arsenal.[/quote]

Haha, still loving the cabs, they are great and really work well with the Little Mark II. Unfortunately no Wal for me - the necks don't do it for me, but I am currently seriously tempted by a Ritter :rolleyes:

Bump for a cool bass. I have loved the sounds available out of the Wal's I have played.