Why become a member? ×

Wal MKI 1985 for sale - SOLD

wombatboter

[quote name='mgauction' post='482023' date='May 7 2009, 02:29 PM']I remember Jets. No longer there. Bars in that area change like water. Your memory is vivid - mant good looking girls there. Let me know when you travel to Scottsdale again![/quote]
Will do, although it probably won't be til next year.

Only went to Jets once but the memory stays with me. Whenever I'm over there I always end up in the Mill Ave Beer Co in Tempe for some reason. I think it must be the beer. I have friends in Gilbert so it's always a fun trip.

[quote name='wombatboter' post='484179' date='May 10 2009, 09:39 AM']A couple of weeks ago I had put some DR blue coated strings on it.. most bassplayers really didn't like the look. I thought it looked kinda cool...:-)

[/quote]

I'm the only person on Basschat who doesn't like Wals, but that looks sweeeet! :)

Thanks for the bump but if all goes well the bass will be leaving Belgium next week...
The bass is as good as sold. The young man who gets it surely obtains a beautiful and great sounding bass.
The blue finish is just a joy to see and the sound is punchy and full.
I had doubts to sell it but as I said I don't want to be a collector and this bass deserves to inspire someone else who plays it a lot.
I don't believe in great basses locked away or staying in cases too long. The people who build them want their basses to be played.
And with the money I get I can look around for something else which will inspire me hopefully for a while.

[quote name='wombatboter' post='493189' date='May 20 2009, 01:42 PM']Thanks for the bump but if all goes well the bass will be leaving Belgium next week...
The bass is as good as sold. The young man who gets it surely obtains a beautiful and great sounding bass.
The blue finish is just a joy to see and the sound is punchy and full.
I had doubts to sell it but as I said I don't want to be a collector and this bass deserves to inspire someone else who plays it a lot.
I don't believe in great basses locked away or staying in cases too long. The people who build them want their basses to be played.
And with the money I get I can look around for something else which will inspire me hopefully for a while.[/quote]

Well said! BTW the six-string is going to the South of Germany tomorrow ... Going to have Paul build me a Moby Dick (white MK II 4) with the money :)

[quote name='wombatboter' post='498628' date='May 27 2009, 12:02 PM']Sold to a Swiss father who takes very good care of his son... congratulations with the results of your son :-)[/quote]

Hi Wombatboter

just received the blue WAL at 10:00 this morning. Looks as great in natural as it looked on the pics.
Thank you + once more: it was a great pleasure to deal with you! Sorry for the bad photo, but had only
my smartphone to took one by UPS-delivery.[attachment=26051:DSC_0002.jpg]

All the best to you. Regards,

federli71
the father who loves his son very much... and he's loving WALs very much ;-))