Why become a member? ×

New Mr Big video

3V17C

[quote name='peteb' post='482561' date='May 7 2009, 11:04 PM']Just got back from a rehearsal - been playing 'Green Tinted 60s Mind', working out the intro and all the vocal harmony parts, etc

Great fun and a great song......[/quote]

That tap line is still good now...It's confusing on first listens to most but it's simple...It's just damn good!

[quote name='metaltime' post='482326' date='May 7 2009, 07:19 PM']It does nothing for me at all sorry.[/quote]

Im glad im not the only one who thinks it sounds like a poor mans VanHalen with a weak singer,sorry to.

[quote name='7string' post='482340' date='May 7 2009, 07:32 PM']Now that's what I'm talking about :)[/quote]

HUGE +1!

That live on TV vid is great. They piss on most bands you hear/see these days...

[quote name='YouMa' post='482650' date='May 8 2009, 04:38 AM']Im glad im not the only one who thinks it sounds like a poor mans VanHalen with a weak singer,sorry to.[/quote]
WTF! Weak singer?? Weaker singer than Van Halen???

Please tell me that you're not being serious!

[quote name='cetera' post='482808' date='May 8 2009, 01:20 PM']HUGE +1!

That live on TV vid is great. They piss on most bands you hear/see these days...[/quote]

Except Metallica, I think...

Oooh, I'm starting it all over again.. :) Where's my coat?

[quote name='YouMa' post='482650' date='May 8 2009, 04:38 AM']Im glad im not the only one who thinks it sounds like a poor mans VanHalen with a weak singer,sorry to.[/quote]

How can you compare them? Van Halen was just that...But this band has fans from all instruments.
Van Halen was all guitar...this is guitar and bass with good rhythm backing it.

Ive never fully understood why some people are so anti-Sheehan (bar the scientology...which is understandable) and despise Mr Big.

Taste is one thing,thats fine,but why waste a comment on it,just let it pass......

This threads going to be negative,I can see it on the horizon.

[quote name='metaltime' post='483143' date='May 8 2009, 05:27 PM']Im not anti Sheehan and i don't despise Mr big I just didn't like it. no offense meant I was just passing comment that i didn't personally like it.

Sorry continue with your discussion.[/quote]
You didnt come across as such,it might be a generational thing...grunge killed alot of this type of rock music off,and Im pleased to see it back,at last the solo will return and techniques and afterward boundaries will be pushed......

Grunge,bar Jeff Ament,didnt throw up many Bass heros,and most of the laughably bad musicians did the decent thing and dont seem to be in music any more (Cobain did the right thing IMHO)......

Can I just add,and Ive seen it on other threads the dislike of anything called 'Progressive'...May I say to the anti-'capable' musicians here you have the same problem too...its just called 'Post.....'

Edited by ARGH

[quote name='sshorepunk' post='482235' date='May 7 2009, 06:06 PM']I had the pleasure of photographing Paul Gilbert on his solo tour early this year!
Image shows big cans!

[/quote]

HEY, I see my fat head in the background!

Paul is the most amazing musician I have ever had the pleasure of sharing a stage with. He plays drums really good too!
I am really excited for him and the rest of the Mr.Big guys. Every guy in that band is super talented!

Craig

There's a Mr.Big album "Live at Budokan" and on the last live track (Bowie's "Suffragette City") the band all swap instruments.

Singer to guitar, bass to vocals, drummer to bass and guitarist to drums. Sounds great and PG's drumming is pretty darn good :)

Edited by 7string

[quote name='Craigmartini' post='483172' date='May 8 2009, 05:55 PM']HEY, I see my fat head in the background!

Paul is the most amazing musician I have ever had the pleasure of sharing a stage with. He plays drums really good too!
I am really excited for him and the rest of the Mr.Big guys. Every guy in that band is super talented!

Craig[/quote]
Welcome to the UK fella..where if you are talented,we bitch about it and slag you off behind your back!!...We will never be as good,nor will we try..but hey..not that thats going to stop us!!!

Dont post ANYTHING about the gear you use because some tossrag will take offence,and no doubt because you may have made a penny from playing that's just ammo for some jealous 'tard to call you a capitalist breadhead....

I on the other hand think,you lucky lucky man!!!

[quote name='ARGH' post='483159' date='May 8 2009, 05:41 PM']Grunge,bar Jeff Ament,didnt throw up many Bass heros,and most of the laughably bad musicians did the decent thing and dont seem to be in music any more (Cobain did the right thing IMHO)......[/quote]

Kurt Cobain wrote some great songs, Bleach is a brilliant record, he was a proper rock star. I'm not going to bad-mouth Billy Sheehan because he seems like he means well even though he's thick enough to take on board sci-fi fairy stories as religion, but to declare that Kurt Cobain should've killed himself because '80s hair rock was replaced by grunge is a really dickless thing to say.

[quote name='ARGH' post='483159' date='May 8 2009, 05:41 PM']Can I just add,and Ive seen it on other threads the dislike of anything called 'Progressive'...May I say to the anti-'capable' musicians here you have the same problem too...its just called 'Post.....'[/quote]

I'd prefer it if "progressive" music was from now on referred to as "regressive", given that it's a musical style from the 1970s. I think some of the "elitist" musicians here should stop whining that their apparently-not-so-valuable instrumental skills aren't as appreciated in the way they'd like them to be, stop blaming other people for it, grow a pair of balls and get on with making music like everybody else is doing.

[quote name='ARGH' post='483506' date='May 9 2009, 01:37 AM']Welcome to the UK fella..where if you are talented,we bitch about it and slag you off behind your back!!...We will never be as good,nor will we try..[/quote]

Maybe you'll have more success when you stop thinking of music as a competition.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='483513' date='May 9 2009, 02:24 AM']Kurt Cobain wrote some great songs, Bleach is a brilliant record, he was a proper rock star. I'm not going to bad-mouth Billy Sheehan because he seems like he means well even though he's thick enough to take on board sci-fi fairy stories as religion, but to declare that Kurt Cobain should've killed himself because '80s hair rock was replaced by grunge is a really dickless thing to say.

I'd prefer it if "progressive" music was from now on referred to as "regressive", given that it's a musical style from the 1970s. I think some of the "elitist" musicians here should stop whining that their apparently-not-so-valuable instrumental skills aren't as appreciated in the way they'd like them to be, stop blaming other people for it, grow a pair of balls and get on with making music like everybody else is doing.[/quote]

+10 Cobain was a fantastic songwriter,im more of a funker than a grunger,but respect is due,to commit suicide is awful,and it was such a waste.

[quote name='YouMa' post='483516' date='May 9 2009, 02:33 AM']+10 Cobain was a fantastic songwriter,im more of a funker than a grunger,but respect is due,to commit suicide is awful,and it was such a waste.[/quote]

Yeah I was never into grunge* (I liked the Manchester sound more at the time, Leeds bands like Bridewells, Wedding Present and Cud, and of course Pixies) but I'd happily give up half my bass-playing skills to have half the songwriting skills that Kurt Cobain had.

* Had a soft spot for Mudhoney though.

Edited by thisnameistaken