Why become a member? ×

F/S Limelight P/J bass gold over white - Now at BassBros - *WITHDRAWN*
£850
Chorley, Lancs., PR6

ead

THIS IS NOT A FENDER BASS

This a Limelight replica PJ bass with a medium relic.  These are very well made basses and this one is really nice to play and a very nice weight too at 8lbs 9oz (or 3.9kgs).

So why are you selling it then?  Fair question.  I have two Limelight basses and have just acquired my dream RW Fender so I know this one is going to be overlooked, and I'd rather it went to somewhere where it will get the attention it deserves.

Usual Fender-a-like spec.  One of my favourite things is the OMG-I-forgot-the-tone-knob, tone knob.

I would much prefer to meet up and hand over or if you want to come and try the bass out that is fine too.  Tea/coffee and biscuits will be provided.

Any questions please just ask.  I have used the L/L pics as they are pretty good and probably better than I could do.  Happy to do some of my own if so requested.

Edited by ead
  • Like 15

10 hours ago, andybassdoyle said:

Very nice. P or j neck…? 
x

10 hours ago, Dunk said:

Beautiful example of Mark’s work.. is it a P neck or J? And what’s the number on the headstock reverse please? 

Thanks folks.  It's a P neck and the serial number is 00291.  Nut width is 42mm.

Limelight00291GoldPJ_12(2).jpg.ce72aa5bc3e792bbef3b5fc01ce3debd.jpg

Edited by ead
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Dunk said:

No need to swap these out.. they’re excellent.. 👍🏻

Yes, I agree.  They really are very good.  I've never swapped a set out yet and tbh I don't recall seeing many Limelight basses for sale where they had been "upgraded".

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

As an ex-Limelight owner, can confirm the pickups are hand wound by Mark at Limelight and are excellent, probably the most versatile in terms of tonal variation (in conjunction with the tone control) I’ve ever had in a P bass.

I can also highly recommend dealing with @ead - had a brilliant experience buying (oddly enough) a PJ fretless from him a couple of years back which I still have, great guy to deal with and very flexible and friendly with meet up and handover.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • ead changed the title to WIthdrawn Limelight P/J bass gold over white - Now at BassBros