Why become a member? ×

It's a Cort... something?

asingardenof

Just now, AndyTravis said:

Cort Action Bass, probably 10/15 years old 👌🏻

I'm tempted but am waiting to see if Mr Grumpy Pants comes back with any more info like a higher-resolution photo or serial number. One wonders what dodgy stuff he has on his sofa that he had to redact it though...

6 hours ago, asingardenof said:

Seen on FB Marketplace. Possibly a Cort Action but I can only see PJ passive instruments on their website not JJ. Does this look legit and does anyone have any experience with these basses?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1217645552368411

The 5-string is a JJ. It's missing a string, but it still counts :lol:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, asingardenof said:

Indeed. Looks like a bargain but there's something a bit off about it.

Always check their FB profile, our Anwar has no pictures or posts or anything, I suspect he will want a payment up front to hold the bass for you and you won't see the bass if you put a deposit down. 

Ask for his address if you haven't done so already and check if he is on the electoral register, looks like a scam Insist on looking at the instrument before you part with a penny.

Edited by Phil Starr

11 hours ago, Phil Starr said:

Always check their FB profile, our Anwar has no pictures or posts or anything, I suspect he will want a payment up front to hold the bass for you and you won't see the bass if you put a deposit down. 

Ask for his address if you haven't done so already and check if he is on the electoral register, looks like a scam Insist on looking at the instrument before you part with a penny.

Yeah, I don't think I'll be buying it as I suspect it would be a project with the various components costing me considerably more than the bass would be worth given how infrequently I'd probably play it. 

25 minutes ago, lemmywinks said:

Is it this one, on eBay now for £125?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/335004023994?

Says Action V on the rear of the headstock and has more/better pics. I;m guessing intonation will be way out going off the saddle placement!

It very much appears to be. As the original isn't on FB any more I'm guessing someone's flipped it.

Edited by asingardenof