Why become a member? ×

My rig.

Marty Forrer

• 2 months later...
On 20/10/2023 at 16:10, philparker said:

Ooh! This could be an interesting thread?!!

Ahem, true confession. I didn't read the title about the thread carefully enough top realise it was about Double bass and EUB's so I posted my electric bass rig. DOH!!!!

I will see if i can change it and get my EUB rig posted instead. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hopefully i have redeemed myself for not reading posts properly before replying. 😇

I've only done 4 EUB gigs so not many pictures. This was the first one I did and use my regular bass rig which was barefaced big baby II and alembic preamp and Synq power amp.  Since then I have bought a Schertler Unico to use with the EUB which sounds great and perfect really for a small setup. However we did a couple of under cover out door gigs and found the Unico was not delivering enough bottom end and volume to compete with keys, 2 saxes and drums. So i bought a Barefaced LF800 sub from one of the guys on this forum and plugged it into the Unico's sub output socket and it works great. I only set the volume just enough to fill the bottom end not dominate it.  

If I find a pic with the schertler and sub i will post that. 

bassy.jpg

Edited by jazzyvee
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, TheRev said:

What's the pre/DI on top of the Puma?

Dave, It’s a Broughton HPF-DI with variable HPF, variable impedance, switchable phase and DI (which I don’t use). I went from FDeck to Grace, back to FDeck and finally to Broughton which is my preferred option.

Broughton come up with short runs of high quality gizmos from time but you’ve got to catch them.

IMG_0569.thumb.png.5a138f0819b61e3267838cdbbcc9c78e.png

• Like 1