Why become a member? ×

Encore Vs Lindo

Fuggle

Hi guys, 

Beginner+ bass guitarist here, just getting back into playing again after years away! I have been eyeing up 2 basses in a second-hand shop (pictured below), one is an Encore and the other is a Lindo. They are both roughly the same price (about £65) but I haven't tested them yet. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Many thanks, 

Fuggle

20230804_140549 (1).jpg

20230804_140540.jpg

Edited by Fuggle
Spelling

I'd avoid the Encore unless you are left-handed. Lindo was a cheapo Ebay brand from 10 or so years ago.

Agree with @Lw. - the budget Harley Benton stuff coming from Thomann (or J&D from dv247.com) is light-years beyond starter-level stuff from a few years back.

• Like 1

If that’s a cash converter type place I wouldn’t probably buy from there. You usually find the same thing for sale

privately on Facebook marketplace or here or possibly eBay cheaper. 
As a few have mentioned you can pick up some really low priced decent basses at Thomann with all the full warranty, 30 day no quibble return stuff too. 

• Like 1

I agree with the ones who suggests a cheap Harley Benton from Thomann instead.

You are going to get a brand new instrument of much better quality for not that much more money, plus a 30 days full return/money back policy, with no questions asked, including shipping back payed, and a 3 years general warranty. 

Otherwise, yes, one of those bases is left handed and the other is right handed, which, unless you are ambidextrous, ought to make the choice obvious, if you insist on one of those two.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash

On 04/08/2023 at 15:16, Bassassin said:

I'd avoid the Encore unless you are left-handed. Lindo was a cheapo Ebay brand from 10 or so years ago.

Agree with @Lw. - the budget Harley Benton stuff coming from Thomann (or J&D from dv247.com) is light-years beyond starter-level stuff from a few years back.

Lindo is a bricks and mortar business. It’s about 2 minutes from my house…

32 minutes ago, Bassassin said:

Didn't know that - they used to be all over Ebay a few years back.

Yeah they have a shop now. I think they’re still on eBay, but they’re giving it a go. Seems to me to just be rebranded Chinese stuff, but isn’t everything nowadays?

Forget about Lindo, forget about Encore. They might seem like they're bargain-priced basses, but what are you going to do if it costs more to fix them than the sale price?

As mentioned above...Harley Benton.

This one costs less than a good hardshell case!

https://youtu.be/MeS24D4NNXIhttps://youtu.be/3twj2xaJsnc

16960297_800.jpg

Edited by jd56hawk