Why become a member? ×

FS: EBMM Stingray 4 in starry night finish £1650 - *SOLD*
£1800
Esher, Surrey

bassfox

Hello, regular guitarist here (Boo! Hiss!)

It’s time I accept the fact that I’ll only ever be a dabbler at best on bass. I’m afraid I just love those skinny six strings, and as such my Stingray is utterly wasted on me. (Even that may be an understatement – it’s less Bernard Edwards, more one of Bernard Matthews turkeys if you heard me play!)

I love the Starry Night finish on this model and just had to have one. Sadly, it’s since spent the vast majority of its life in the case as I never properly took to bass. I had it professionally set up less than a year ago to try and rekindle my interest but I haven’t touched it since, and what with my guitaring endeavours and a four-month old daughter, I’m not realistically going to pick it up again any time soon.

On that “bass-is” (I’ll get my coat) it has to go (if only to make room for more guitars).

A particular highlight on this model is the roasted birdseye maple neck – even I can tell you that it feels exceptionally lovely to play. I believe the frets are stainless steel too. 

Condition-wise it is excellent, I can’t find a mark on it (accepting that it would be very difficult to do so with this finish anyway). I would say a safe 9/10, excellent in terms of condition, the only mark down being for some tarnishing on the tuners. 

What more is there to say… I do have a Phil Jones Big Head and a Vox Adio Air BS practice amp that I’ll also be looking to move on… oh yes and it comes in its original EBMM hard case which I’ve stuck some music related stickers on like all grown up adults would do 😃

Happy to post via Lenspeed Logistics – it’s £55 courier delivery for most of England (please check the website). Collections welcome from Esher in Surrey, or we could meet up, or I could deliver myself if local.

Thanks for looking, photo album here:

https://imgur.io/a/lLd8KuI

IMG_6868_Original.jpeg

Edited by bassfox
Sold
  • Like 27

27 minutes ago, Alba said:

Lovely. Think these were a 2016 limited edition.

I think you are right. This is the 2016 PDN limited edition. The beautiful roasted bird's eye maple neck and the unmarked ebony fingerboard give it away.

Stunning looking bass and so tempting 🤩

GLWTS 👍

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 09/10/2023 at 13:03, MM Stingray 62 said:

I can’t believe this bass hasn’t sold if I didn’t already have one I would have bought it in a heartbeat.

IMG_1438.jpeg

Totally my fault this hasn’t sold yet, I didn’t visit this site for like 5 months lol. Here now though :)

• bassfox changed the title to FS: EBMM Stingray 4 in starry night finish £1800
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 15/02/2024 at 09:30, Kev said:

Can I pay you £10 a month over the next 16 years or so?

Sure, I’ll accept that. But are you interested in the Stingray as well? 😜

• Haha 2

• bassfox changed the title to FS: EBMM Stingray 4 in starry night finish £1750