Why become a member? ×

New BassChat 8"Cab design

Phil Starr

50 minutes ago, Chienmortbb said:

Snap, just coming out, hopefully of a chest infection compounded by a second infection to my throat. Had a gig in the middle and it was close by so we did not cancel but I did not sing, due to both my stupidity in forgetting my mic stand and the throat. I am just waiting for the other members of the band saying the vocals were better that night.

There seems to be a lot of this around at the moment, likewise just recovering from similar, has taken about 3 weeks.

On 18/04/2024 at 10:17, Phil Starr said:

Hi all, just to say I haven't forgotten this design but I've not been well. Recovered now, but I've lost a couple of weeks and I'm behind with everything. It's going to be a few weeks catching up before I get time to re-visit this. I know a few people are revving up and ready to go but if you are patient it is still coming

Glad you're feeling better Phil!

• 1 month later...

Hi all, well the drugs are working and I'm feeling a lot better. In my case it was caused by a PE and deep vein thrombosis and I got the chest infection thing at the same time. I survived and my lungs are healing but it wasn't nice. Back at the gym now and digging the garden and starting to sing again so all is good.

Anyway yesterday I ordered a couple of Fane 8-225's so I can build the prototype and I'll try and dig out my draft plans and get them off to @Bassybert for drawing once I've made a few sketches.

We are back on track :)

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Phil Starr said:

Hi all, well the drugs are working and I'm feeling a lot better. In my case it was caused by a PE and deep vein thrombosis and I got the chest infection thing at the same time. I survived and my lungs are healing but it wasn't nice. Back at the gym now and digging the garden and starting to sing again so all is good.

Anyway yesterday I ordered a couple of Fane 8-225's so I can build the prototype and I'll try and dig out my draft plans and get them off to @Bassybert for drawing once I've made a few sketches.

Good to hear you're on the mend, Phil!

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Phil Starr said:

That’s great news to hear you’re ok Phil 😊

• Thanks 1

Great news you're feeling good Phil!

I'm really interested in this cab. My 14 year old daughter started playing bass a few months back and her and her friends have formed a little band (one has an electronic drum kit and another plays guitar and is interested in other instruments e.g. autoharp, uke, banjo, zither...). I've been trying to sort out a lightweight rig 
she can carry to the drummer's house, down the road. On Saturday I got a little Hotone Thunder bass, from Andertons for £50, and it's pretty impressive for such a tiny thing. 
Now I'm thinking this amp with a good 8" cab would be spot on for her.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bartelby said:

I got a little Hotone Thunder bass

Have the same myself, bought in anticipation for the 8" cab build 😀

Cab build hit the skids when I grabbed a 2 x 8" cab from eBay for £40 😮

Ply is free to uplift should anyone in Central Scotland need some for their build 👍