Why become a member? ×

Gig Bag for a 122cm Long Bass

glassmoon

Hi all,

I'm looking for a gig bag for my Cort GB75JH - which is a very long bass.  It's a hair under 122cm, from the top of the headstock to end of the strap button on the body.

It just squeezes into my Levy bag... but not in a way I am too happy with.

Not looking to spend loads of money here, but looking for something that is solid and secure and most of all, can accommodate a long bass.

My thanks, as ever, in advance... 

Julian aka Glassmoon

Edited by glassmoon

I've been looking on the Thomann site and there are some nice options that won't break the bank, and are (internally), at least 124cm which leave a wee bit of wiggle room.

My biggest issue, is that Cort don't respond the customer queries, and none of the Cort distributors in the UK seem to have any answer as to what gig bag my model bass could make use of.

I have no idea if the Cort gig bags are decent or not - decent being a relative term of course - but for me, I want as much support and padding as my upgraded Levy bag (it was a double bag that I had converted to a single with additional bracing).

I don't want to compromise by using just any bag - -nor do I want to spend hundreds... but it looks like I am going to have a tough time finding a viable solution.

Thank you to @jrixn1 and @Jonesy

The thomnan t'bird bag is 127cm, but you'll then likely have a gap where the wings would normally be.

I have their fender shaped equivalent and it's served me well for 5+ years. Zips still work, handles aren't frayed and my bass is still in one piece. Having said that, I'd say it was just an ok gig bag and not exactly super padded. Does the job for the price though.

https://www.thomann.de/gb/thomann_gigbag1_bass_heavy.htm

I'd say the protection racket gear would be better. Our drummer swears by their stuff and he's put it through their paces. From what I've seen it's all good quality and would imagine their gig bags are just as good.

Just measured my Gator Pro Go Deluxe, looks like it can house 122cm and more with the lower cushion removed.

Also measured my Gator Pro Go X (same as the Transit I think) which can just about do 122cm again with the lower cushion still in place. There's a removable bit of padding around the headstock area if you need more space.

• 6 months later...