Why become a member? ×

Andertons loyalty points

My son has been teaching himself to play guitar and has my ancient Vox VT15 so he prefers to play through my Fender mustang GTX100 which sounds infinitely better. I've been thinking of getting him the smaller version, the  GTX50 so he can get the same sounds in his room.

I was browsing Andertons secondhand section on their website yesterday and saw a GTX50 at a price that was too good to click past. When I got to the checkout I realised I could get an additional  £12 off by using the loyalty points earned when I bought my Squier CV LPB Bass VI. Result! I can't wait to see his little face when I surprise him with it (he's 21 btw)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

When I got to the checkout I realised I could get an additional  £12 off by using the loyalty points earned when I bought my Squier CV LPB Bass VI. Result! I can't wait to see his little face when I surprise him with it (he's 21 btw)

Coincidentally I got nearly £100 off my Bass VI from Andertons by cashing in several years worth of points.

The loyalty scheme isn't the main reason I usually look at Andertons first when the GAS hits (I think that's a combination of a good website,lot of stock and me being slightly brainwashed by all the Andertons clips I've watched on Youtube) but it's certainly a nice bonus.

• Like 2

Nothing bad to say about Andertons, and having bought a rather expensive UAD interface from them during lockdown, it was rather nice to find that the loyalty points earned pretty much pad for a pre-amp I ordered a while later. For me they are the best of the online retailers, taken over from Thomann who I found increasingly unreliable over the years

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've bought quite a few things from Andertons over the last few years, the transactions have always gone smoothly.  They are often slightly dearer than their competition but the loyalty points take a bit of the extra away.  When buying a microphone from them I called up for advice as all I knew about microphones was SM58.  I was put onto a knowledgeable lad who was very helpful and I consider this when making future gear purchases.

• Like 1

The only "bad" experience I had with them was when I ordered a Rode ribbon mic. Completely out of their control, but after I'd been waiting a year for it to be delivered, I decided it was probably best to give up on it. 

Every other time has been great.