Why become a member? ×

Some green and bits & pieces.

itu

One bandmate (g-word, young heart, old skool) hates my good sounding basses, so I decided to buy a set of D'Addario ETB92. I happened to have some old parts in the garage, and this is it so far. I wish I can finish (?) this within the next week. Have to cut some black plastic sheet for Pickup, rotary switch, and the output jack.

Yes, a cheap body and neck (Dr. Parts, I think), Wilkinson Pickup, Gotoh bridge, Warwick tuners, @KiOgon 4 pos. switch, some screws... this is not quite ready, yet. Neck was too blonde maple and it got some colour, or dirt to it. Should be darker: I detest maple fingerboards.

KiOgon did a rotary switch that includes a kill switch (or OFF position), Pickup straight to output (ON), and two positions with two different capacitors (tone 1 and 2). Simple and effective.

I already have Ibiza, this be Nizza.

20230613_224503.jpg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, LowB_FTW said:

Never mind the bass, I wanna see more of that climbing wall!

It is slightly forgotten in my garage, which is too crowded now. It used to be in my previous flat, and in active use. Mostly Metolius, and a few colour bits.

@Richard R: I try to build a one sound bass, with short sustain to Motown et al.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@hiram.k.hackenbacker: I think Vigier Passion series II is a good sounding one, and Modulus Genesis 5 is another.

@TheGreek: Take a look at the upper horn and the 12th fret. The bridge is put slightly backwards, because the neck pocket is too long. I didn't want to shim the end of the neck. Parts didn't exactly fit in the first place. That's one reason they have been in the dark corner of my garage. This is nearly playable, not cute like a Limelight.

20230615_004846.thumb.jpg.bc9ece907c2f2999801be16df7e0d551.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

It's horrible to play, as I expected, mostly because of the flat strings. Sound is so short that a comp couldn't make it any longer. Very much what I thought it would be. Band actually liked it. Left me wondering why.

@KiOgon did this nice rotary switch which is very usable.

• Thanks 1