Why become a member? ×

Can you tell the difference?? More AI

TheGreek

On 12/06/2023 at 18:21, YouMa said:

I had it writing poems and songs the other night. I have to admit I was pretty impressed.

I wasn't.

Frankly it sucked.

I mean comically bad.

It failed to write anything but primitive poems with very strictly rhyming structures that stayed verry strictly within simple rhythmic patterns, it also has consistently bad habit of telling rather than showing, that it literally tell what it wanted to say 1:1, rather than showing, which also meant that it's level of abstraction was very limited and each poem only had 1 possible interpretation, or that is, since it was telling what the poem was about 1:1 as part of it's respective "poems" there was no room and any less any reason to interpret it.

In other words it used totally old fashioned and horribly outdated templates to create poetry and the quality level beside that was just about that of your average high school kid. 

I was badly disappointed after hearing from several people how advanced this chat bot was supposed to be.

What I did find that this AI chat bot was extremely great at though was finding possible hypothetical meanings of complete nonsense words, that is if you asked something in the lines of  "If the word [nonsense] really did exist what would it then likely mean?", it came up with a very impressive linguistic analyze and several possible and seemingly very plausible suggestions to what it could possibly mean.

It even guessed pretty accurately what the claimed nonsense word "krusedulle" would mean if it existed, a word that does actually exist in Danish.

I guess not as surprising when you think of it as it is basically exactly those AI chat machine is, an extremely powerful language analyzing machine that learns how to make sense of what essentially to it is just an utter nonsense string of seemingly random letters.     

And yes pretty much all Top 40 music is made from the exact same formular, with primitive melodies and harmonic content, and so compressed, quantized, and autotuned, again processed that, beside making it sound less human, also makes it much less complex, so perfect job for a machine to do.

I am pretty confident that when it comes to real art AI has a very long way yet to be up to standards with that made by real human artists.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash

1 hour ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

It even guessed pretty accurately what the claimed nonsense word "krusedulle" would mean if it existed, a word that does actually exist in Danish.

I bet that means  "heavily soiled Y fronts"  in Danish.. Am I right? 👍

19 hours ago, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

convincing song in the style of Led Zeppelin yet.

Sure it can. Just type into ChatGPT “write me five paragraphs of cliche ridden gibberish with random references to Lord of the rings”

….. ducks and runs for cover

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, nilorius said:

Well, i will think it over, but shurelly will need a time and big practice for it !🤩

I suggest twenty years to think about it and then ten years intensive rehearsals with accompanying unicorn and grizzly bear. 🫠

26 minutes ago, snorkie635 said:

I suggest twenty years to think about it and then ten years intensive rehearsals with accompanying unicorn and grizzly bear. 🫠

I'l try to invent a time machine and ask a sujestion to my grandmother....ok? Just wait a little bit.

On 14/06/2023 at 12:11, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

A lot of modern pop music sounds like AI to me due to the overuse and/or reliance on autotune.

Its all very well AI being able to approximate R&B (rapping & bullshỉt) artists like Drake or Areola Grande, but I doubt it will be able to do a convincing song in the style of Led Zeppelin yet.

Maybe AI will be able to 'unautotune' the vocals on the songs it makes, so we could potentially end up in the position where AI generated R&B (rapping & bullshỉt) songs will sound more human than a human in that style.

My thoughts exactly - in fact, listening to some of the music created with Synthesizer V, I found it refreshing that the AI-generated voice sounds far more natural to me than the majority of today's processed 'real' popular singers. I particularly liked this one I found recently (listen from 1 minute onward for the main song).

• Like 1