Why become a member? ×

MarkBass Little Mark VI

Linus27

Hi all,

I'm thinking of trying a new amp head and considering a MarkBass Little Mark VI. It will be fun through my Barefaced Two10 and my tone is clean, warm, rounded and played on either a fretless Precision with flats or fretless Jazz with black nylon tapewounds. Think Motown but on a fretless with a bit more clarity and a little less thump.

Would the Little Mark VI be a good choice?

I have Barefaced cabs too, a One10 and a Two10. I also use an LM3, but not tried the new ones. I most often use the LM3 with a Markbass 102P Traveler, but sometimes with the One10 and once with the Two10. What I will say is that they do work well with the Barefaced cabs. Regarding the amps themselves, I’ve said it before, but there’s some kind of magic dust sprinkled inside these things. No matter what, or where, they always sound good. When I go and watch friends play, and they’re using MB amps, I’m always impressed with their tone and the way they fill the room.

Rob

I won't put Black Nylon Tape Wounds on any of my instruments. Over my 60 odd years I've put them on three of my basses. A Hofner Violin, Gibson EB0F and a Gibson EB2. Each in its turn was stolen from me. The Hofner in Widnes, the EB0F in Liverpool from the 21Club and the EB2 also in Liverpool. For me I consider them too dangerous!!! LOL

• Haha 1

I currently have a pair of One10s and an LM800 that live at the rehearsal studio, and I found myself enjoying rehearsals with them so much that a Two10 for gigging purposes arrived just a couple of days ago. The 10CR cabs really do seem to go well with MB heads.

Edit: I'll most likely keep gigging with the Nano II and my older Nano 300 as backup since the Two10 is meant to replace a Rumble 500 combo which was 350W/2x10, but I also have my LM2 and F1 heads up the cupboard if the mood takes me or more power is required. I like MB heads so I can't see why I'd dislike the LM4, though I haven't had the opportunity to try one just yet.

Edited by Ed_S
Extra info.

Thanks everyone. I did indeed buy the LM IV and I can say that I am very happy with it through my Two10 and tonight's gig was a big success. Not fully dialled in a sound I'm blown away with but out of the box with a bit of tweaking and it sounded great. So I'm a happy bunny.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Linus27 said:

Thanks everyone. I did indeed buy the LM IV and I can say that I am very happy with it through my Two10 and tonight's gig was a big success. Not fully dialled in a sound I'm blown away with but out of the box with a bit of tweaking and it sounded great. So I'm a happy bunny.

I did a gig with mine last night, everything at 12 o’clock inc. gain, except VLE and VPF which were off. I imagine your “Old School” is the same as the VLE on the LM3. Master was at about 10 o’clock. I can’t really stray far from these settings, as it just sounds so right as it is. 
I would like to compare my LM3 with the new LM4 sometime. I should just wander down to Promenade Music with it and do just that. 
Rob

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ossyrocks said:

I did a gig with mine last night, everything at 12 o’clock inc. gain, except VLE and VPF which were off. I imagine your “Old School” is the same as the VLE on the LM3. Master was at about 10 o’clock. I can’t really stray far from these settings, as it just sounds so right as it is.

That's how I used to set up my LM2. It was a great sound in every room, with a Lakland 55-94 through Berg cabs.

• Like 1

On 08/06/2023 at 16:06, BassmanPaul said:

I won't put Black Nylon Tape Wounds on any of my instruments. Over my 60 odd years I've put them on three of my basses. A Hofner Violin, Gibson EB0F and a Gibson EB2. Each in its turn was stolen from me. The Hofner in Widnes, the EB0F in Liverpool from the 21Club and the EB2 also in Liverpool. For me I consider them too dangerous!!! LOL

You had something stolen in Liverpool?  Surely not.

• Like 1