Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot RAH350 - *SOLD*
£350
Whittlebury South Northamptonshire

mrtcat

Absolutely wonderful amp. The best Trace Elliot I've ever owned. Sounds absolutely huge in a way that no class d head can. Really good condition with absolutely no issues.

£1 per watt but these aren't any old watts, they're old school Trace Elliot Watts.

Comes in the flight case.

Collection from South Northamptonshire but I gig all over the country so may be able to meet up.

20210904_094901.thumb.jpg.c44a0404a6f10de686e55112c63b27aa.jpg

Edited by mrtcat
  • Like 6

Heart says YES.......back says NO..

Great amps for sure, used them all through the 80's. For any young uns out there who don't mind a bit of a lift then these amps are among the best. Glwts bud👍

• Like 1

I believe that amp was mine for at least ten years.  Bought second hand from the Bass Centre, and without doubt the loudest amp I've ever owned and very reliable.  The only work I ever needed having done to it was to replace the fan, so should outlast most of us! 

For those with a back issue the flight case does have grab handles on the side :)

GLWTS and love its replacement.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, three said:

Monster.  When I walk into a venue and see one of these, I feel a kind of (usually well-placed) confidence re: player and tone.

Yeah l think the same....you realise this guy properly knows what he's doing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Piers_Williamson said:

I believe that amp was mine for at least ten years.  Bought second hand from the Bass Centre, and without doubt the loudest amp I've ever owned and very reliable.  The only work I ever needed having done to it was to replace the fan, so should outlast most of us! 

For those with a back issue the flight case does have grab handles on the side :)

GLWTS and love its replacement.

Really good to hear some of its history. It really is astonishingly loud and is a wonderful sounding thing. 

I always wanted one because, as a lad, I used to watch a band called the hamsters in various pubs and the bass player from that band had one and his sound was absolutely massive. 

2 hours ago, Piers_Williamson said:

Spot the unusual cab in 'show us yer rig'!

Yes it pairs brilliantly with the Greenboy F112. The Aguilar is very different to the trace but I love it so far.

6 hours ago, Undertone said:

Anyone understand why the weight difference between the AH250SMX and RAH250 is 6kg (about what an old solid sleeve weighs), while the difference between the AH350SMX and RAH350SMX is only 2kg?

Here's a thought:-

My AH250SMX is cooled via a big heavy heatsink but perhaps the rack mounted version is fan cooled as racks are not always open for natural convection cooling. 

Let's say the sleeve doesn't weigh 6kg and is closer to 2kg (4.4lbs).

The lack of heatsink and sleeve on the RAH250SMX likely saves the 6kg compared to the AH250SMX.

Both 350 versions are fan cooled so the only difference is the lack of the 2kg sleeve.

Edited by Sparky Mark

Aren't heat sinks apparently made of aluminium though? Good ability to move heat...thermal conductivity etc but only half that of copper. That would be a lot heavier and much more expensive.....

Edited by Woody1957

4 hours ago, Woody1957 said:

Aren't heat sinks apparently made of aluminium though? Good ability to move heat...thermal conductivity etc but only half that of copper. That would be a lot heavier and much more expensive.....

Yes, copper heatsinks would be massively heavy and very expensive compared to aluminium so wouldn't be a sensible solution. However, even an aluminium heatsink capable of dissipating the waste heat generated by a 250 watt class AB power amp will still need to be pretty large and heavy, as anyone that owns a fanless Trace Elliot head will confirm. I own three. 

Edited by Sparky Mark
  • Like 1

• mrtcat changed the title to Sold Trace Elliot RAH350