Why become a member? ×

Rehearsal space: SE edge of London

Cairobill

(thought this might be better as a new post under a specific title, sorry about bumping the one below)

Any recommendations for a nice studio space to the SE of London/NW fringes of Kent? Somewhere with good backline/PA/parking?

Like Ritz in Putney but SE, ideally. Not sure it exists but on the lookout for a nice place to make noise between Kent and SE London...

Hoping to accommodate band members who are a bit, erm, spread out

There’s Riverside in Dartford, Banana in Erith, there’s another in Abbey Wood (for now), there’s one near New Addington?, there’s the music complex in Deptford and 2 Pirate studios - Charlton and Croydon. 

Edited by pbasspecial
  • Like 1

There was one in Deptford that I've used a few times, that was quite good,

.. nearish to the DLR.. But I just can't remember what it was called.. 

And Alaska studios near elephant & castle, if it's still going.. 

Edited by Waddo Soqable
  • Like 1

Thanks all - the ideal is equidistant between the band mates which is in that sort of Orpington-esque area, maybe a bit further around the M25 anti-clockwise. Seems a bit of blank space as far as rehearse; spaces go. But if anyone has any ideas in that zone, do let me know! 

On 03/06/2023 at 16:09, Waddo Soqable said:

There was one in Deptford that I've used a few times, that was quite good,

.. nearish to the DLR.. But I just can't remember what it was called.. 

And Alaska studios near elephant & castle, if it's still going.. 

Do you mean Huskys near London Bridge? It's still going if so, though more geared to dance groups. There is one 'band room' though. The one in Deptford is likely the Music Complex? It's good. There's also a Pirate studios at Greenwich and a few just north of the river - the Engine Rooms and the Vatican are decent.

Edited by AxelF

6 minutes ago, AxelF said:

Do you mean Huskys near London Bridge? It's still going if so, though more geared to dance groups. There is one 'band room' though. The one in Deptford is likely the Music Complex? It's good. There's also a Pirate studios at Greenwich and a few just north of the river - the Engine Rooms and the Vatican are decent.

I'm pretty sure it was Alaska, tho as you mention it Huskys rings a bell too, trouble is I've been to so many rehearsal places over the years you lose track of them all!