Why become a member? ×

Zoom B3 Bass Synth setting

kevin_lindsay

I saw this video clip the other day.

She used a Zoom B3 for the bass synth sound,  and a Boss OC -5 for the octaver sound at the end. 

I have to say that the bass synth setting sounds fantastic. 

(So much so, that I bought a ZOOM B3n last night to try out the bass synthetic setting for myself)

Edited by kevin_lindsay
  • Like 2

On 22/05/2023 at 13:34, kevin_lindsay said:

I saw this video clip the other day.

She used a Zoom B3n for the bass synth sound,  and a Boss OC -5 for the octaver sound at the end. 

I have to say that the bass synth setting sounds fantastic. 

(So much so, that I bought a ZOOM B3n last night to try out the bass synthetic setting for myself)

On 22/05/2023 at 22:29, fmb said:

She used a Zoom B3.

I don't know if this changes something.

Fmb

It does...

The previous generation of effects that the B3 used, which the current production multi stomp boxes, like the MS-70CDR also uses, are way more tweakable than the newer generation effects of the B3n and B1 Four, also in my opinion they actually also sound a lot better than the newer generation of effect models (and I am not alone with that opinion either), and the B3 got a couple more synth models than the newer B3n as well.

If you wanted to duplicate the synth sounds of that video, given it was made on a B3 and not a B3n, you should have gotten the MS-70CDR (newest firmware update got all the synth effects from the MS-60B, but allows for a maximum of 6 effects per patch, vs. the just 4 effects of the MS-60B. Also you could just download the 3rd party Firmware hack, the "Zoom Effect Manager" and load whichever collection of the same generation of Zoom effect models, including the amp emulations, to it), or a used B3, B1on or B1Xon.

That said you might still be able to do something somewhat similar with the B3n.

Though if I was you I would get a used B1Xon or G1Xon and then load whatever effects you want on it via the 3rd party firmware hack app "Zoom Effect Manager", as both the units share the exact same hardware and operating system, also they would allow easier switching between patches than the MS-70CDR, and both features an actually genuinely great build in expression pedal that can be assigned to control any given one parameter of any given effect of each patch, also they are actually a bit smaller than the B3/B3n, despite the build in expression pedal.

In my opinion the B1Xon/G1Xon is the best digital multi effect Zoom ever made (especially if making use of the 3rd party firmware hack app).

Edited by Baloney Balderdash

• kevin_lindsay changed the title to Zoom B3 Bass Synth setting