Why become a member? ×

Best 24 fret 4 string basses!

BassBeast

And I just remembered - Sandberg built some 24 fret TT4 for Doug Johns when he swapped to Sandberg from Pedulla.

So they definitely offer that option. As the necks are all the same on the TT4 / VS4 / Central basses that should be an easy option to select.

The Central model is close to a stingray but you can ask for any electronics in any model. Sandberg usually ask you to submit the specs you want through a dealer to get a quote.

I went through Classic & Cool Guitars for mine.

Waiting list is about 12 months though.

• Like 1

If you want a great 24 fret 4 string with a Musicman/Bongo type of sound on 9 volts I can recommend you a Human Base Roxy B4 or (or BaseXoc). Also German Basses with a superb build quality and a price that just cant be beat. I recently had a used 5 string version. It was the best bang for the buck in a bass I ever had (too many to mention, id be embarrassed) and in fact one of the best B Strings I ever played in a 34 inch scale (including Ken Smith, Fodera etc...you name it). Everyone who played it was knocked out by it. Top knotch fretwork, super comfortable bass. The Glockenklang Preamp runs on 9 Volt and is very versatile. I prefer these basses a lot more over Sandbergs (living in Germany I tested many Sandbergs over the years..). And they are even more affordable. Thomann regularly gets a few in (Human Base is a one man builder so output is much smaller than Sandberg). There is an ancient youtube review done by Ed Friendland of the 5 String version (for some time period these were put together in the US, but from what I know they are now done by Human Bases Siggi Jäger in Germany):

• Like 1

On 26/04/2023 at 11:43, fretmeister said:

He wants 24 frets.

Didn’t Fender make a 24 fret Jazz V a while back……..made in Korea? I have no idea what it was like, but I seem to recall it was a Fender-badged Cort. So, cheap, OK and a potential for upgrades?

1 hour ago, BlueMoon said:

Didn’t Fender make a 24 fret Jazz V a while back……..made in Korea? I have no idea what it was like, but I seem to recall it was a Fender-badged Cort. So, cheap, OK and a potential for upgrades?

IIRC the Zone was 24 frets, however they did suffer with pickup issues so probably not too many for sale. 

Want a good budget 24 fret? Yamaha BB605 or BBG5S  - both amazing basses and not just for the money. I currently have 2.

• Like 1