Why become a member? ×

April composition Challenge , voting thread.

lurksalot

Choose your favourite 3   

13 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your favourite 3 from this months selection

• Dad3353
    • Andy Travis
    • Leonard Smalls
    • upside downer
    • NickD
    • Wolfram
    • Lurksalot

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/04/23 at 23:01

Its that time again ..

With an inaugural win, a most excellent and popular entry from @AndyTravis  , he was right on the ball with his choice off picture for us.

"I’ve had this saved for years - wanted it to be an album cover…I just reminded me of how I was (pre fatherhood) - A class clown, I still chuckle when I see it - it was an early crash helmet test."

Have a listen through and choose your favourite 3 entries

image.png.bec0d9cb1d3b600ad5e8114218c1d8bd.png

1   @Dad3353   The studio burnt down in 1927; all that's left of the film being shot is this intriguing poster photo and a fragment of the film's piano roll, restored here in tribute. We can only speculate on the blockbuster that was sadly lost.

@AndyTravis  ...so I’d said the idea of my image was that I was an absolute moron for years until fatherhood - a perpetual child. In my teens I lived, breathed and slept the Red Hot Chilli Peppers....

@Leonard Smalls   I thought to myself, "that geezer has got the blues"! So that's wot I done...

@upside downer  Our hero just can't look on the bright side. Whether it be impending world catastrophe or piffling, inconsequential matters, he gets so wound up it all just makes him want to bash his head, as he explains to us alongside a Bo Diddleyesque riff.

5 @NickD  The picture invoked memories of doing stupid things with groups of friends, and how while time marches on and we're flung to the far corners of the earth, if we got together today we'd probably be just as daft.

@Wolfram  I'm telling the story of the death of silent movies and photoplay through the piano roll backing for a silent movie illustrated by the photo. The ageing and dying piano is overtaken by the rising chatter of the 'talkies'. I present "Photoplay Dies".

7 Lurksalot  I'll pop this in here, it seems a very 'avant-garde' and self indulgent arty inspired symphonic masterpiece ... or an edited take on a 7 year old's key board plonking!

I don't think I will be choosing the next photo .... but someone will 

Time to dish out the 3 votes to your chosen tunes.

Voting will cease and a new champion declared at midnight on 30th April 

Good luck All :sun_bespectacled:

• Like 3

Hurrah... For the sympathy vote! 😂

I was lucky to pull that off in another quality field. I think that's my first singer/songwriter thing ever, and it kinda worked. Really must learn to sing though.

I've just been combing the interweb and I reckon I've got something that's quite open to interpretation. I'll get it across asap.

• Like 1