Why become a member? ×

Handbox R400 - *SOLD*
£525
Wakefield, West Yorkshire

Having just bought my dream amp, I'm putting this up for sale as its too good just to have hanging around as a spare. I bought it towards the end of lockdown and gigged about once a month with it since we allowed back out to play.

It's in great condition and has no issues whatsoever. Anyone who knows me will tell you I look after my gear.

I'm asking £525 for it and sorry but no trades on this one.

I'm located in Wakefield, West Yorkshire and would prefer collection or meet up within 1.5 hours. If postage is a must then assuming i can lay my hands on a suitable box, I can post to mainland UK for £26 insured

Here's the manufacturers full spec...

PREAMP:
The preamp utilises three 12AX7 (ECC83) tubes. Unlike the starved-plate designs of most common hybrid heads, it's pure tube with no silicon diodes, getting you even closer to the sound of a full-tube head.

POWER SECTION:
We use a classic A/B power supply based on an efficient toroidal transformer and large capacity electrolytic capacitors, delivering a powerful 400W into a 4ohm load.
An optical limiter ensures you're always running within safe limits, and the R-400's on-board fan is thermally managed and controlled to ensure the amp runs smoothly at high volumes.

CASE:
* STANDARD: Ply housing, covered with black lacquer or veneered Tolex and metal corners and includes a front plate to protect the front panel, secured using two flightcase latches.
The back of the R-400 is open enough to allow easy access to the rear panel features, without compromising protection.

DIMENSIONS:
* WxHxD: 375mm x 108mm x 315mm
* Weight: 10.5kg

FRONT PANEL FEATURES:
* ÂĽ" input jack
* MUTE switch
* BRIGHT / DARK switch: Engaged: +3dB @ 100Hz, -3dB @ 750Hz, +2dB @ 10 kHz
* DRIVE switch: (The DRIVE switch raises the level of the signal at the input stage by about 6dB – great for heavier genres, or for instruments with lower output).
* INPUT GAIN: Using the INPUT GAIN, you can access a wide range of tones - from crystal clear to a fat, saturated harmonic crunch. 

* BASS / TREBLE
* CONTOUR: Introduces 0 to -12dB @ 1kHz
* OUTPUT VOLUME
* 3-state LED indicator: PROTECT / READY / LIMIT.
* LINE OUT DI: a professional-quality DI, with PRE / POST gain and GROUND LIFT switches.

REAR PANEL FEATURES:
* POWER SWITCH
* FUSE ACCESS
* 2 x SPEAKON speaker connectors
* EFFECTS SEND & RETURN

6A638F4A-BA7E-4DD6-8563-1727E3663F65.jpeg

C2B1DAA2-E0BF-455E-B753-5528A011A74C.jpeg

BC2A2E51-FD31-4907-9DAA-82689BA821E2.jpeg

A08E0217-1690-44B1-8D33-419FF51F63EF.jpeg

Edited by mikegatward
Pics
  • Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Just to confirm that these amps are the best l have ever used after playing through most amps over my 50 year career. They sound absolutely sublime and they are loud if required. Cant believe this beauty is still here. Glwts bud.

• Like 1

• mikegatward changed the title to Sold pending - Handbox R400