Why become a member? ×

G&L Tribute LB-100

Damnthatlazlo

Mine's great. An emerald blue one I bought in December 2021. Gigged it several times and it's been good as gold.  Only negative was the rather ineffectual shielding - I got in there with the slug tape and sorted it out.

Now that you've got me talking about it, I'm going to take it to my next gig on Saturday, so thanks for bringing it up :)

• Like 1

Also, I'm willing to bet that none of these reviewers have the slightest statistical basis upon which to base any of their speculation about QC. My eyes roll every time.

By their logic - mine is great, ergo they're all great! ;)

• Like 1

I had the natural one in the Andertons video bought from Jezzaboy of this parish. Loved the look and sound, and Im no expert on P bass neck profiles but the neck is a big lump of wood and iirc 1.75" at nut. At least as big as a Fender 50's Classic P bass one. 

Edited by dub_junkie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dub_junkie said:

I had the natural one in the Andertons video bought from Jezzaboy of this parish. Loved the look and sound, and Im no expert on P bass neck profiles but the neck is a big lump of wood and iirc 1.75" at nut. At least as big as a Fender 50's Classic P bass one. 

The website says 1.75" but I just measured mine and it's not quite that wide, I make it 43mm (1.69"), not 44.5mm.  Splitting hairs, perhaps, and Jazz neck it decidedly is not, but thought I'd clarify.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, neepheid said:

Also, I'm willing to bet that none of these reviewers have the slightest statistical basis upon which to base any of their speculation about QC. My eyes roll every time.

By their logic - mine is great, ergo they're all great! ;)

Having been out the game for a fair few years with kids n stuff but going back to ‘95 I am astounded at what you get for your money nowadays. 

I bought the mrs a HB precision lefty and wow. Absolutely minimal set up needed out the box! 

I think I’m going to buy one. At that price I can’t see what’s not to like. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Damnthatlazlo said:

Having been out the game for a fair few years with kids n stuff but going back to ‘95 I am astounded at what you get for your money nowadays. 

I bought the mrs a HB precision lefty and wow. Absolutely minimal set up needed out the box! 

I think I’m going to buy one. At that price I can’t see what’s not to like. 

It's a fantastic bass at RRP, mine was £350 when I bought it and I thought I was stealing it at that price. £300 is a no-brainer. Which finish are you fancying?

55 minutes ago, neepheid said:

The website says 1.75" but I just measured mine and it's not quite that wide, I make it 43mm (1.69"), not 44.5mm.  Splitting hairs, perhaps, and Jazz neck it decidedly is not, but thought I'd clarify.

That makes it halfway between a modern P/StingRay 1.625/41.3mm nut to a  1.75/44.5 mm one

I'm almost tempted to have another look 🙂

The emerald blue is fantastic. Very close to the finish on a USA SB-2 I had many moons ago which was lush

36 minutes ago, Damnthatlazlo said:

Don’t know, I liked the blue when I thought it was green but now sunburst lol

The emerald blue varies depending on the light - it's more blue in natural light and greener in artificial light.

I guess the clue's in the name :)

8 hours ago, Damnthatlazlo said:

Yeah, most of the photos really look green. I’ve got a blue metallic guitar already. :/

01_all.jpg.167d8889f0510cd23c04ebae3b20cd07.jpg02_body_front_outdoor.thumb.jpg.9e9fb78cc6d17fb4304220ea3ae752c3.jpg

First one is indoors, second one is outdoors.  Either way, it's hard to photograph, but versus the stock photos, I'd say it appears greener than that most of the time I look at it.  It's noticeably far from Lake Placid Blue etc.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Damnthatlazlo said:

Having looked at the site the sunburst appears to be only on the front. Yet on other sites it’s on both sides. 
I know it’s daft but I really like it on both sides. :/

It's maybe only on the top because it's a poplar body with an ash top and they want to disguise that fact by making the back solid black.

18 hours ago, Damnthatlazlo said:

£300 in the sale. I’m in 2 minds due to online reviews questioning QC. Anyone got one? Had one? Really don’t know if I should but the bullet. Been looking for a P bass for months and this might scratch the itch. 

Beautiful looking bass that, and blocks too.....was so close to whipping the credit card out but luckily a 'sure got your moneys worth' 44.5 mm nut (1.75 inches).....wipes brow. 

Quality wise: It's made by Cor-Tek so will be fine😎

Edited by iconic

I have a SB2 and JB, both are from the Tribute series and both are fantastic with no QC issues. They really put the MiM Player series by Fender to the test and I'd much rather have a Tribute. My JB is sunburst on both sides, so hopefully the LB is too!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, dub_junkie said:

it was indeed a cracking bass biggish neck and it was a tad heavy if I remember right. If you are getting it from Andertons, try it and if it`s not for you send it back. They charge about £12 if you want them to collect it for returning it.

1 hour ago, iconic said:

Beautiful looking bass that, and blocks too.....was so close to whipping the credit card out but luckily a 'sure got your moneys worth' 44.5 mm nut (1.75 inches).....wipes brow. 

Quality wise: It's made by Cor-Tek so will be fine😎

Specs are wrong - mine measures 43mm (1.69").  Have I helped? ;)

• Haha 1