Why become a member? ×

Foolish question !

nilorius

13 hours ago, Waddo Soqable said:

What Al Claptone? 

Yep. Old Al Catraz himself: I believe he was into Gangsta-rap, took the rap and the case wrapped up. He now runs a tea-room in Splott (coachtrips welcome). You see a lot of violin players coming and going for some reason?

5 hours ago, Downunderwonder said:

Fun fact. Titanic had a sister ship that sunk a UBoat by ramming it when it had to come up for air.

Two sister ships, in fact, Olympic and Britannic. Olympic sank the sub and survived until being scrapped in 1935, Britannic sank after hitting a mine. So the chance for two sequels then, all of which could have featured a stewardess who survived the Titanic and Britannic sinkings and Olympic's ramming.

Edited by tauzero
Inability to spell Britney
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Grahambythesea said:

This sequence proves that there are no foolish questions, but a lot of foolish answers. Have you guys been watching Ocean loner designs on YouTube which features far too many Titanic facts, most of which are entirely uninteresting.

Ocean loners? The people who go on cruises in the hope of meeting someone?

56 minutes ago, Grahambythesea said:

This sequence proves that there are no foolish questions, but a lot of foolish answers. Have you guys been watching Ocean loner designs on YouTube which features far too many Titanic facts, most of which are entirely uninteresting.

Nope, but might now. 👍

On 08/04/2023 at 18:02, Suburban Man said:

Like DAD says about listening while 'not standing just in front', tweeters are very directional, unlike your 12" speaker, so if you switch the tweeter on you may end up focussing a lot of HF sound somewhere you can't hear it, but other people can. Step away from the speaker a bit and listen at wherever the tweeter is pointing to appreciate what it may be doing.

PS This is why some cabs can be tilted - you won't hear the output of your tweeter if it is pointing at your knees

Im going to have to disagree with you here. Yes, the tweeter will have a dispersion pattern thats largely dictated by the horn its coupled with but due to cancellations (destructive interference) from edge to edge of the 12" cone, that will beam the hf in a far narrower pattern than the tweeter will.

This link explains it far more succinctly than Ill ever manage

https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/what-exactly-is-beaming-and-why-does-it-matter.60525/

personally I think the hf drivers are a marketing gimmick. I can see the purpose of a dedicated mid range horn (a 2" compression driver or similar) giving a cleaner and more evenly dispersed 800hz up but I dont feel theres any useful audio coming out of a bass guitar up at the 5khz+ that piezos (and the awful tonality of piezos is another rant in itself) etc reproduce. Just hiss and string noise but, hey, each to their own

• Like 1