Why become a member? ×

Hipshot - Great Customer Service

acidbass

Hi all

Just a note of a positive experience with Hipshot that I had lately

I bought a Supertone bridge for my Gibson SG Bass that simply would not intonate correctly - I could get it close, but not exact.

This was due to the intonation bridge screws not being short enough.  I needed to lengthen the string a bit further than they allowed, which wasn't possible as the saddles are closed and therefore can only be moved back to the limit of the screw (probably not explaining this correctly!)

I contacted Hipshot and they sent me four shorter intonation screws for free which solved the problem.

Probably not going to break the bank for them but it's nice to see they care and were very helpful.

Hope this helps someone in future :)

Danny

• Like 12

Hipshot are awesome! I've been in touch with them too, one of their designers is a lefty bass player who is a member on Leftybassist.com and he has been incredibly helpful to several members with lefty-specific questions. He also regularly sells lefty basses there with testfit Hipshot products, most recently this one. He helped me acquire some Hipshot keychains with cloverleaf tuning keys once that are cool as heck!

Hipshot are amazing. I send an email questioning saddle and string length for intonation... and totally unprompted, through the post I got so many spares and bits and bobs so I could work out exactly what I needed. Spectacular!

6 minutes ago, acidbass said:

Bass Direct for me.  I think I ordered tuners from Thomann once too.

Thomann dont have the ones i need.

I wonder if theyd do a special order...

Although i will be in london in two weeks.